Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use the factions module from Reformation in this game?

A more general question: Is this game really worth it, if my group really likes Coup + Reformation? Is it as great as the concept makes it sound??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
My recollection of the rules is a bit rusty, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

In Reformation, the Duke gains the ability to take all the money from the church. In G54, there is no Duke. There is, however, always an equivalent "money" role, so you could have a house rule that that role is allowed to take the money.

Other than that, Reformation should work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
The Duke (money role) is forbidden from taking from the Church. That is neither of your influence cards may be the Duke, if challenged on that action, you must reveal both cards if you don't have a Duke or just the Duke if you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, being exactly wrong is kind of like bring right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, one thing I noticed is that the Coup promo cards here on the BGG Store specifically say who they replace in the standard game and how that interacts with the factions and the embezzling action.... But, I'm not sure if Coup G54 does anything like that, or if anything else is problematic for using Factions and such....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G54's roles are split into 4 different types. There's a money type, a media type (switch cards with deck), an assassin type, and utility type.

Every game of G54 should use one of each of the first three types, and two utility types. You are of course welcome to change that mix, but that basic mix is what the rules state and increases the likelihood of a balanced game.

Those types roughly map to the original Coup roles:

Duke (Money)
Ambassador (Media)
Assassin (Assassin)
Captain (Utility)
Contessa (Utility)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.