4 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do Road Events Apply To Individuals Or Groups? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Shott
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully a quick and easy question that I'm missing the answer to. The example road event card on page 39 in the rule book shows that if option B is picked, the result is "Start scenario with 3 damage". Does that 3 damage get spread throughout the group (ex. if there are three characters, each takes one damage) or does each character take three damage? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
climbon321 wrote:
Hopefully a quick and easy question that I'm missing the answer to. The example road event card on page 39 in the rule book shows that if option B is picked, the result is "Start scenario with 3 damage". Does that 3 damage get spread throughout the group (ex. if there are three characters, each takes one damage) or does each character take three damage? Thanks!

Each takes three.

FAQ under Campaign:

Which event rewards/penalties affect a single character and which affect all characters?
If a result starts with "Gain," "Lose," "Discard," or "Consume," the result is distributed among all characters however they choose if the word "collective" is included (i.e. "Lose 10 collective gold." means that the party loses 10 gold total). The result affects each character separately if the word "each" is included (i.e. "Lose 10 gold each." means that a party of 4 would lose 40 gold total). The exception to this is if the result is gaining an item. In that case, only one character gets the item (decided among the players).

If a result contains "Start scenario with..." it affects all players, unless it says "One starts scenario with..." in which case it only affects one player.

There are a few cards with typos where the "collective" or "each" is not included (see below). As a rule of thumb, if something is missing, assume it says "each."
TYPO - City Event 04: "Lose 1 check." should read "Lose 1 check each."
TYPO - City Event 06: "Gain 5 experience." should read "Gain 5 experience each."
TYPO - City Event 22: "Gain 1 check." should read "Gain 1 check each."
TYPO - City Event 46: "Lose 5 gold." should read "Lose 5 gold each."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the time I think it specifies, but in this case (start the scenario with 3 damage) I think that means everyone in the party starts with 3 damage each.

Typically the only thing split among party is gold (whether gaining or paying) and the card specifies each or among the party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shott
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daemon6 wrote:
climbon321 wrote:

Each takes three.

FAQ under Campaign:

Which event rewards/penalties affect a single character and which affect all characters?
If a result starts with "Gain," "Lose," "Discard," or "Consume," the result is distributed among all characters however they choose if the word "collective" is included (i.e. "Lose 10 collective gold." means that the party loses 10 gold total). The result affects each character separately if the word "each" is included (i.e. "Lose 10 gold each." means that a party of 4 would lose 40 gold total). The exception to this is if the result is gaining an item. In that case, only one character gets the item (decided among the players).

If a result contains "Start scenario with..." it affects all players, unless it says "One starts scenario with..." in which case it only affects one player.

There are a few cards with typos where the "collective" or "each" is not included (see below). As a rule of thumb, if something is missing, assume it says "each."
TYPO - City Event 04: "Lose 1 check." should read "Lose 1 check each."
TYPO - City Event 06: "Gain 5 experience." should read "Gain 5 experience each."
TYPO - City Event 22: "Gain 1 check." should read "Gain 1 check each."
TYPO - City Event 46: "Lose 5 gold." should read "Lose 5 gold each."

Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.