The Colonists» Forums » Rules

Subject: Altruist and Trader Colony rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a question as we play the game. We are on Era 2. Altruist and Trader lvl 2 is owned by the same player, and the Altruist is on the +3 wood Riverbank.

If the player goes to the Market and takes the Trader action, can he trade 5 wood for 8 clay? (Assume he has the storage).

In other words does the Altruist impact the trades from the Trader Colony?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The altruist has an effect on all map hexes that give you something (which includes the market for the subsidies option in place, the developer for the tools and the bakers for the sustenance phase). Therefore, if you go to a joiner and your altruist is on +3wood, with just 1 wood, you can get 2 planks (altruist gives you the other 3).

It means you CAN trade 5 wood for 8 clay: the altruist gives you the 3 missing wood items.

... at least this is the way I see it and play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo do benefit from the Altruist when using the Trader ability at a Market. I'll include this one in the FAQ - it's a good one.

Note that the Altruist does NOT have access to the tools at the Developer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reply. So it seems the Altruist Colony basically impacts everything but paying the Fee, and the Developer/Tool discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
The altruist has an effect on all map hexes that give you something (which includes the market for the subsidies option in place, the developer for the tools and the bakers for the sustenance phase). Therefore, if you go to a joiner and your altruist is on +3wood, with just 1 wood, you can get 2 planks (altruist gives you the other 3).

It means you CAN trade 5 wood for 8 clay: the altruist gives you the 3 missing wood items.

... at least this is the way I see it and play it.

I thought the altruist did NOT impact tools from the developer? Or am i thinking of something else? I had the impression the Altruist basically does not have access to discounting tools? Ill try to find where I read that from, i think it was in another forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, the Altruist does not have access to the Developer tools.
I missed that in Geppo's response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know... made a mistake then but it's an easy one to make.
Therefore you REALLY need the blacksmiths by era 3 if you haven't accumulated labor at the developer previously.

Thx Greg (I cheated only twice... stole 4 tools then, not a big deal, I won by 80 points eheheheh).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.