Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So my friends really like MTG but i've gotten them to try battlecon. I have this and War. The plan is for me, my brother, and 2 friends will be playing Saturday. My brother and I have played but the 2 friends have not. My brother isnt good at explaining rules. How do you think we should set this up and which fighters should we use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Start as simple as possible. Leave out finishers, special actions, all of it.

For starting fighters, I reccomend Hikaru, Cadenza, Kallistar, or Vanaah.

The way I would do it is to first have the two friends play against each other while you explain the rules and referee their match for them. After that, play a few rounds, swap opponents/fighters, and when you think they're ready, introduce new elements such as ante finishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also have them check out the Watch It Played tutorial video beforehand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiL1cF9aGSQ

As Ed said, starting with simple characters and no Finishers or Special Actions is probably for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.