United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the 2nd time this week I've had a buyer tell me they got an "error" trying to select their paypal confirmed shipping address.

This is causing a problem for me as if I want to accept payment and ship paypal obviously is telling me I'm "ineligible" for paypal "seller protection", ie.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/brc/seller-protection-...

Anyone noticing an uptick in this problem (of buyers/sender of money getting an "error" selecting paypal confirmed shipping address) recently?

As another data point in between these two buyers I had another buyer whose order came in w/their paypal confirmed shipping address and paypal telling me I'm eligible for seller protection.

I'm waiting on the 2nd buyer to see if they can provide me with the exact error paypal is giving them (first buyer never got back to me).

update: my buyer game me an update
Quote:
it's the first time it happened to me. When I chose my address, which I have before last time I used PP, it said I needed the approved mailing address, so I even tried a different address, tried logging off and back on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
PayPal is not a Retailer.

FWIW. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
PayPal is not a Retailer.

you are semi-right... guess I should have posted this the the kitchen sink known as "hot deals". imho ymmv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, just call PayPal directly. Login to your account first, and have your cell phone handy if you have two-factor authentication. They may give you a one-time call in code. Their customer service is usually on the ball. They want you to use Paypal for all your transactions, so it is in their interest to keep the process smooth. I know you may want to wait for an error code, but you may not have to.

Cheers,
Lee Valentine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.