Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does a brown NPC ship ever attack a black NPC pirate or vice versa? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Singleton
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Searched but could not find:

I'm trying to learn M&M by playing the solo variant that starts out with two brown NPC ships and one black NPC pirate ship. The first event card indicated movement of one of the brown NPC ships but since it was adjacent to the black NPC pirate ship, should it move into its sea zone and initiate an attack? Is this true in a multiplayer game as well? Or do brown NPC ships never initiate an attack?

What if a black NPC pirate ship needs to move in a direction but is in the same situation?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they won't fight.

If there's a Naval (Brown) NPC and a Pirate (Black) NPC in the same sea zone the Pirate will not scout for Merchant players that enter or pass through, but otherwise they don't interact at all.

Moving via event cards and hunting for players is unaffected and works normally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Officially they don't because that would really slow down the game.

But we have them fight as a house rule because we wanted more combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.