Hide
10 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mindtheif augment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
Everyone seems to want to know how the augments attack section works but I have a bit of a different question. In the persistent part of the rule book it says persistent cards go to the lost pile but augment cards do not have the lost symbol on them. Ontop of that can I discard it Willingly and if I do does it go to my discard or lost pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The augment cards specifically state that they are discarded. They also do not have the lost symbol. The card text always overrides the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d w
Sweden
flag msg tools
Yes, you can discard it at any point to your discard pile, or pick it up as part of a rest action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
icelock wrote:
Yes, you can discard it at any point to your discard pile, or pick it up as part of a rest action.

and for the sake of completeness, you may also choose NOT pick it up as part of a rest action.

Edit: added the word 'choose' for clarity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
TheProdigal wrote:
icelock wrote:

and for the sake of completeness, you may also NOT pick it up as part of a rest action.

Why not? I cant find anything that excludes augments from the general rulings about cards in your active area (from the FAQ):

Quote:
What is the designation of cards in my active area? Are they considered in my hand or in their own class or what?
Cards in your active area are technically considered discarded or lost (depending on whether there was a lost symbol on the action you played to put them there), even when they are in your active area. When you recover discard cards (by resting, for example) or lost cards (through special actions), you have the choice of picking up corresponding cards in your active area or leaving them in play. This also means they are not in your hand and cannot be put in your lost pile to negate damage (unless you are move two discards to your lost pile, as per the normal rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Pete, what are you asking? Why not what? I did not say that augments are excluded from general rulings about cards in your active area. I just wanted to make clear that you have the choice to consider an augment discarded and pick it up during a rest or to leave it in your active area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam, your statement could be read to say that you "may not", as in "cannot", pick up augments. Or it could be read, as you presumably intended, as you "may choose not to" pick them up, as in you have the choice.

I read it the first way, as Pete did, hence his response. I think we all agree on the ruling, though.

Edit: I see you edited your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he was just confused by your wording. I was too, at first, and thought you meant that you can NOT pick it up as pat of a rest action. When what you actually said is that you have the choice to leave it in your active area during your rest action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheProdigal wrote:
Pete, what are you asking? Why not what? I did not say that augments are excluded from general rulings about cards in your active area. I just wanted to make clear that you have the choice to consider an augment discarded and pick it up during a rest or to leave it in your active area.

Your post was a bit confusing since it didn't really include any context. It even confused me as to why you wrote it, until you look at the post above yours.

Just simply stating that "and for the sake of completeness, you may also NOT pick it up as part of a rest action" with no immediate context (even though you were referring to the post above yours), implies that you're saying that the card cannot be picked up.

In short, providing that information "for the sake of completeness" was a bit superfluous and confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey look at all of us thinking the same thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.