Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
466 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

Brass: Lancashire» Forums » News

Subject: Roxley's Brass coming to Kickstarter on Easter Monday (April 17, 2017) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello folks. We are pleased to announce that the new version of Brass:Lancashire and our brand new game, Brass:Birmingham are coming to Kickstarter on Easter Monday (April 17)!

Below is rendering of the new box art by Mr.Cuddington for Brass:Lancashire (the original). We wanted to pay homage to the old cover, while also bringing a new darker aesthetic to the game. We wanted to portray the feeling of greed, industry and elegance with the new look.

Every person on our team has worked so hard on this game and we can't wait to share more with you.

We are currently waiting for the new version game to be approved in GeekMod , at which point we will upload this, along with many other images.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is some seriously slick artwork!

Rising Sun, Aeon's End Stand-Alone Expansion, and now Brass. Things are about to get expensive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, must resist the urge to buy the game for the second time. Will Brass Birmingham be a completely separate game, or just 2 different maps/rulesets in the box?

Wonderful cover btw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Blomquist
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I've been waiting on this one for a while, and I really like the cover art. Can't wait for the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news but a question from one who has not yet had the privilege to play Brass: What's the difference between Brass, Brass:Lancashire and Brass:Birmingham?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrius is Lietuvos
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
Last played: Steam: Great Britain, Eurorails, Kingdom Builder:Nomads
badge
Thinking over my next move :)
mbmbmbmbmb
The cover artwork is 101% approved!
I really like how this man is seriously considering his industrial strategy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Blomquist
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nhjelmberg wrote:
Great news but a question from one who has not yet had the privilege to play Brass: What's the difference between Brass, Brass:Lancashire and Brass:Birmingham?

Lancashire is the revamped version of the original Brass, and Birmingham is a new related game. To what degree things have changed between the original and Lancashire versions is unknown to me, as is exactly how different of a game Birmingham will be. But I'm expecting the same core systems, while being more different than just a different map. I believe there are also new industries (in particular I think I remember hearing beer was making an appearance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jblomquist wrote:
nhjelmberg wrote:

Lancashire is the revamped version of the original Brass, and Birmingham is a new related game. To what degree things have changed between the original and Lancashire versions is unknown to me, as is exactly how different of a game Birmingham will be. But I'm expecting the same core systems, while being more different than just a different map. I believe there are also new industries (in particular I think I remember hearing beer was making an appearance).

From what I've seen, Lancashire should be fundamentally identical to Brass, except with optional player powers. I think Beer might only be in the Birmingham expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's a slight anachronism, but Istill think something Lowry-esque would look great with Brass. Particularly the map would look nice with Lowry style smoke stacks and the occasional stick man.

I like the new cover, but even the cover could be Lowryfied

laugh There's no denying that the Roxley version is much more enticing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UanarchyK wrote:
jblomquist wrote:
nhjelmberg wrote:

From what I've seen, Lancashire should be fundamentally identical to Brass, except with optional player powers. I think Beer might only be in the Birmingham expansion.

Thanks for the quick answer! Now I have to consider whether to get Lancashire only or Birmingham as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Cast
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, i´ll be darned!!

Kick me if this is, not only the best cover i could expect, but also the best game cover i have seen!...

Looking foward to the follow-ups now, i will probably stick for the Lancashire for now, since i never had the previous version, although i did not dislike to invest in some breweries too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
UanarchyK wrote:
I know it's a slight anachronism, but Istill think something Lowry-esque would look great with Brass. Particularly the map would look nice with Lowry style smoke stacks and the occasional stick man.

I like the new cover, but even the cover could be Lowryfied

laugh There's no denying that the Roxley version is much more enticing.

Color me crazy, but I find the less cinematic version pictured here much more pleasing--and more fitting to the gameplay.

Can't please everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rally beautiful cover! I really love Mr.Cuddington art.
Looking forward for the kickstarter campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Price
Canada
Quispamsis
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is lots of discussion in the Brass forum for the 'Roxley Games to Publish Brass in 2017' thread, if anyone is looking for a short term info fix!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UanarchyK wrote:
jblomquist wrote:
nhjelmberg wrote:

Beer is only in Birmingham. The optional player powers variant is also only in Birmingham, though the powers are being designed to be compatible with Lancashire. Lancashire is going to be, as far as I can tell, functionally identical to the current game.

That cover is so evocative and classy. Really great, and I can't wait to see some component art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
dervich wrote:
Kick me if this is, not only the best cover i could expect, but also the best game cover i have seen!...

Wow. No kidding. I'm gobsmacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
dervich wrote:

Wow. No kidding. I'm gobsmacked.

I usually don't bother about the art but... yes, that'll look great on my shelf (or, preferably, on my game table).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already own Brass, but I may just buy it again just for that cover. I cannot imagine how good the new board looks. Vincent Du who?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that cover a lot. And now I'm really curious what the board looks like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Longobardi
Brazil
Mogi das Cruzes
São Paulo
flag msg tools
TOASTY !!!
badge
FLAWLESS VICTORY
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the announcement thread, the game would feature an additional map. Maybe it is just me, but It sounded like both game modes would come packaged together (in the same box).

Of course, it is Kickstarter, and more boxes means more items to pledge, which means more money... but I'd prefer everything Brass into one box, without duplicated components, and less air in the shelf.

Anyway, you guys are doing an excelent work turning a not so good looking game (IMHO) into one with the best cover I've seen in quite a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Francisco Arena wrote:
According to the announcement thread, the game would feature an additional map. Maybe it is just me, but It sounded like both game modes would come packaged together (in the same box).

There was quite a bit of discussion on this in that thread, but you might have missed it - the tdlr is that Lancashire and Birmingham are being treated as two entirely separate games in their own boxes, partially to make people who don't want to rebuy the original game happy and partially because they have almost entirely separate components (where the components overlap they have different numbers of them). You'll be able to pledge for one or both games in the kickstarter.

I really like the new box art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Demeanour
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks seriously gorgeous!
Am really excited for this game all over again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to back the game anyways, but glad to see the artwork is great! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting a real Daniel Day-Lewis vibe from this. "I'm a cotton man, ladies and gentlemen..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Gregori
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now we want to see the new board!!! DD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.