Subject: Clarification on KS Cost for Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi there,

I would like to pledge at the $60 level but KS is charging me an extra $25 (for $85 total) to ship to USA.

Originally I was at the $80 level which charged me $0 for shipping to USA.

Is there a discrepancy between the shipping costs at the pledge levels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Johnson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That was a mistake they made when they set up the kickstarter, and it couldn't be changed. Basically you are going to pay for shipping, but they are going to be paying $10 worth of shipping for you. I'm assuming once the pledge manager rolls out it will take care of the confusion. I am expecting to pay $10-15 for shipping, so if you backed the game and put down $25 for shipping, you would get $10 back if shipping ended up being $15.

It's confusing as hell, and they've already said they won't be doing shipping like this again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there for sure going to be a pledge manager?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Demski
Canada
Stony Mountain
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

In the comments for the campaign they have said that they want to go to print as soon as possible after funding, so it is unlikely they will be using a Pledge Manager. So if you want the game, back it for full price now.

Not sure how they're going to handle collecting additional shipping costs without a Pledge Manager though. And don't get me started on the whole "refunding every international backer $10+" thing - they're currently just throwing over $1,000 in the garbage by doing that. But there's nothing they can do about it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JurassicMatt wrote:
venrondua wrote:

In the comments for the campaign they have said that they want to go to print as soon as possible after funding, so it is unlikely they will be using a Pledge Manager. So if you want the game, back it for full price now.

Not sure how they're going to handle collecting additional shipping costs without a Pledge Manager though. And don't get me started on the whole "refunding every international backer $10+" thing - they're currently just throwing over $1,000 in the garbage by doing that. But there's nothing they can do about it now.

Yeah that part sure is confusing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.