Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
As above.

couldn't figure it out from the GAMA 2017 video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the video, it definitely looks like there's more than enough clearance around the cards, when they were in the suitcase, for sleeved cards to fit. When Eric throws in the card you can see it slide around quite a bit.

EDIT: it's even clearer when he flips the lid to show the bribe money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal P.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the suitcase idea, but I'm not convinced sleeved cards will fit into the tin with ease. Another problem is that the suitcase tin has rounded corners. Rounded corners may crumple/crush the corners of sleeves, which in turn make damage cards over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which video is this, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
They playtested the game with FFG sleeved cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gohawks wrote:
Which video is this, please?

They talk about Rising Sun first, so you can fast forward a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tDgvPt2Gw&feature=youtu.be...

hpark1990 wrote:
I love the suitcase idea, but I'm not convinced sleeved cards will fit into the tin with ease. Another problem is that the suitcase tin has rounded corners. Rounded corners may crumple/crush the corners of sleeves, which in turn make damage cards over time.

If you watch the video, there looks to be more than a centimetre's worth of clearance on the ends of the suitcase. I don't see this being a problem at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my plays have been with cards sleeved in penny sleeves and they fit fine. I did have to ditch the insert though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
All of my plays have been with cards sleeved in penny sleeves and they fit fine. I did have to ditch the insert though.

"HAVE TO ditch the insert"? Ugh! There must be a way to make them fit or did the demo game they were using sleeved have the insert missing too? That seems unlikely to me. *crossing my fingers*

I can't compare to something like Blood Rage as that didn't even have a real insert. Then CMON's ethnos insert lately had zero extra room for sleeving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
charlest wrote:

"HAVE TO ditch the insert"? Ugh! There must be a way to make them fit or did the demo game they were using sleeved have the insert missing too? That seems unlikely to me. *crossing my fingers*

I can't compare to something like Blood Rage as that didn't even have a real insert. Then CMON's ethnos insert lately had zero extra room for sleeving.

If you used tighter fitting sleeves you may be able to fit the sleeved cards in the insert. They kind of fit in the slots next to the suitcases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.