K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is an automated way to compare my BGG collection list to other peoples lists to find overlapping lists? Specifically I would like to find other lists that have games that I have and have been given a similar rating (maybe +/-1) as I think this would be a good way to find new game suggestions.

Alternatively is it possible to do a search of people's collections along the lines of "Castles of Burgundy = 9-10" + "7 wonders Duel = 9-10" + "seasons = 8-10" and so on. I am sure you get the gist.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Kirsteen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an external site that will compare a users ratings to everyone else in the BGG data base and tell you the users whose ratings most closely match your ratings.
http://korttipeliopas.fi/korttipelit/bgg/correlation.php
It does take a few minutes, and you will need to have rated a pretty large number of games to get much data.
Add the people with the best correlation as GeekBuddies, then you can use the GeekBuddy analysis and rating tools on the GeekBuddy Manager page to look for recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cashew

San Francisco
California
msg tools
mb
Tineren wrote:
This is an external site that will compare a users ratings to everyone else in the BGG data base and tell you the users whose ratings most closely match your ratings.
http://korttipeliopas.fi/korttipelit/bgg/correlation.php
It does take a few minutes, and you will need to have rated a pretty large number of games to get much data.
Add the people with the best correlation as GeekBuddies, then you can use the GeekBuddy analysis and rating tools on the GeekBuddy Manager page to look for recommendations.

This link / the webpage appears to be down. I get a "404 - Not Found" message when clicking on it. Anyone know an alternate link / website? This is a really critical tool that I wish was hosted directly on BGG's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.