Popular Tags: [View All]
Theodore Karvounis
Greece
Moschato
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple, can I take a ship first and then use the money for the purchase of the 2nd card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple.

Rulebook Page 3 - Trade & Hire wrote:
Cards are taken one by one - so the ability of one card may be immediately used for the next card taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Karvounis
Greece
Moschato
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Simple.

Cards are taken one by one - so the ability of one card may be immediately used for the next card taken.

Yeah, I've read this and that's how we play it, I just want to be sure that getting money from a ship counts as a card ability, that isn't only about the persons abilities (like the one of the lady(?), which gives the -1 discount for example, or the trader. Both can certainly be used when getting the 2nd card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8odoros wrote:
andrewbwm wrote:
Simple.

Yeah, I've read this and that's how we play it, I just want to be sure that getting money from a ship counts as a card ability, that isn't only about the persons abilities (like the one of the lady(?), which gives the -1 discount for example, or the trader. Both can certainly be used when getting the 2nd card).

Simple.

Rulebook Page 3 wrote:
Example: It’s Andrea’s turn. She had drawn 5 cards into the harbor display during her Discover Phase. 4 of those were differently colored Ships which is why she was able to take 2 cards. First she took a Ship worth two(2) coins. Then she spent the money to hire 1 Person. Now the other players may take a card, if able. Alex wishes to take 1 of the Ships that are left. He gives Andrea 1 coin for compensation, chooses 1 Ship, puts it onto the discard pile and takes the appropriate amount of coins. After the rest of the players also had a chance to take 1 card, the leftovers are discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule even states, that you can trade with a ship and give the active player his or her coin from that trade. Note, though, that there are cards, which are described with a phrase like "Whenever it is your time to take a card..." In these cases, the ability does not trigger right away, because "the time to take a card" has passed, after you took the card. E.g., if you reveale 6 cards and stop to buy an Admiral, you won't get the 2 coins from him that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.