4 Posts

Love Letter Premium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Love letter question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Caution
Singapore
flag msg tools

Can i ask, why eventhough the sychophant was directed at roumanite, roumanite can still play jester at another player? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karencaution wrote:

Can i ask, why eventhough the sychophant was directed at roumanite, roumanite can still play jester at another player? Thanks

Possibly because the Jester doesn't have an "Opponent Effect" on it. You are saying "Player X" is going to win, but, you are not "affecting Player X."

Something like forcing a player to compare, or show a hand, or discard, or trade hands all are affecting players, but, just saying that player is going to win doesn't really affect them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question should be posted in the rules forum for Love Letter Premium
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacio Fernández Galván
Sweden
flag msg tools
My Sycophant says:

"If the next card played has an effect that requires one or more players to be chosen"

And my Jester:

"Choose another player"

So, to me, the Sycophant should affect the Jester. An then the booklet says "If you discard a card with an effect that requires you to choose a player that cannot be chosen due to another effect (Sycophant, Handmaid), your card is discarded without effect.

Since roumanite cannot play the Jester on him/herself, the Jester should have no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.