Subject: Go for herotic difficulty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BB Bolter
msg tools
mb
Hi there,

just my experience from playing with 2 groups:

Normal difficulty seems to be much to easy as my players are trying to max out their chars/combinations.

But one difficulty higher was quite okay!
You may think: It is just one hit more(and some modifications on a table), but it really made a difference. It was for the GM and the players much more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
B3stie wrote:
Hi there,

just my experience from playing with 2 groups:

Normal difficulty seems to be much to easy as my players are trying to max out their chars/combinations.

But one difficulty higher was quite okay!
You may think: It is just one hit more(and some modifications on a table), but it really made a difference. It was for the GM and the players much more fun.

I think it depends on the group really.

If you are playing min-maxers, you might want to up the difficulty from the start. If you are playing people who want more of a story feel, you might want to leave it as-is to start with.

If people are introducing the game to new players, I suggest starting on normal difficulty. If they find it too easy, you can ramp the difficulty; but it can be disheartening for a group if you smash them to bits from the start.

I find that once the heroes have picked up a grievous wound or two, the tide quickly starts to turn. Even on normal mode, I seem to be able to smack the heroes about quite happily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyway, thumbs up for the thread title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Anyway, thumbs up for the thread title

Very Slaaneshi goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Forte
Canada
flag msg tools
Haven't played yet but from watching several run throughs online of ST and SOH it seems like the heroes seem to steamroll every mission with no opposition... It makes me wonder how much time GW spent playtesting these games.

I'm thinking I'll take your suggestion as well as making death permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.