Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe money in Union Pacific is really just victory points. I can't quite determine from the description what the situation is with Airlines Europe.

In any case, I'm rather looking for a stock game but where there is an element of engine/re-investment. Kids seem to love the cash pile invested to become a bigger cash pile, and I found it satisfying also. I don't think it's too much a problem that cash isn't the victory condition. We're currently enjoying Aquire a lot. But I'm looking for something a little more involved.

Is Airlines Europe the one for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
itsastickup wrote:

I believe money in Union Pacific is really just victory points. I can't quite determine from the description what the situation is with Airlines Europe.

In any case, I'm rather looking for a stock game but where there is an element of engine/re-investment. Kids seem to love the cash pile invested to become a bigger cash pile, and I found it satisfying also. I don't think it's too much a problem that cash isn't the victory condition. We're currently enjoying Aquire a lot. But I'm looking for something a little more involved.

Is Airlines Europe the one for me?

Not for the reasons you state. There is no 'investment of money to make more money', and in fact the game is played with quite a subdued economy throughout. In true Alan Moon style, this game is all about the acquisition of the shares.

That's not to say you shouldn't get it, because there are many excellent reasons to.

If you want to watch your fortune boom before spending it on something expensive, try Tinners Trail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget about investing in stocks. Switch to Jet Set and run your own airline directly. Use your starting cash to invest in routes. Routes produce income to invest in more routes. Choose your routes to complete connections between specified cities, pretty much like Ticket to Ride tickets except the available ones are visible to all players. Those tickets supply the points that win the game.

Money is the method but it's points that win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also take a look at Chicago Express. Money is everything in that game. You start with some, buy shares from the rail companies, which funds their expansion, and they pay dividends to shareholders. I recently picked it up (because it was very cheap), got it to the table, and found it's not great with just two players. I'm looking forward to playing with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the answers, folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.