Subject: The swap project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Monolith will not publish a system for swapping heroes or monsters I would like to start a project to offer at least one possible swap list for every basic scenario. We can steal all the information made available from the community and in the end it should be published as a well formatted pdf.

Of course I will need a lot of help to do that.
Those excellent threads will be the base we can build upon:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1664168/suggestions-startin...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679802/comments-how-use-yo...
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24372342#24372342

To keep things simple I would suggest to start with the same template for all the missions. For example:
Mission one "In the Clutches of the picts"
Alternative heroes:
Taurus with Yuetshi Knife and Throwing Knives
Zelata with Wolf (ally), Sacrificial Dagger and Spells (Lightning Storm, Teleportation, Mitra's Halo)
Conan with battle Axe, Leather Armor, Shield
Alternative OL setup: ...
With 4 heroes add: Amboola with Sword, Scale Mail
OL: gains 12 gems with 4 players. Rest will remain unchained.

We make something up for every mission, test it and if it works we move on to the next mission. So let us start with mission 1 "In the Clutches of the Picts" It can easily transform into "In the Clutches of the Necromancer"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you success on this project, but I feel you are overthinking this.

I allow the players to swap heroes and gear out all the time. I've added enemy units, gems and refresh amount when we go beyond the set number of heroes.

Fun has been had. Nothing has broken the game. We do have a quick discussion about what the heroes will need to even have a chance (like the leaping skill or something).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I just swap out Conan with variants of Conan and the other heroes with equivalent versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like this idea, but I would have to agree with Trent on this. I don't think it really needs an 'official' swap chart or set of rules. I look at this game in more of an RPG-ish way. If the players want to use other characters and basic items, they can. Using other enemies has been done also for different "stories" that we did and the game wasn't broken. We aim for more of a fun factor rather then "I'm the Overlord player and I have to win and crush you" type attitude. So the balance hasn't been much of an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When there is not much interest it is not worth the trouble of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.