Subject: Box size ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bloobik Cyperius
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question for Frank:

Looking at the components I noticed that the only really large component is the player sheet. Have you considered making player sheets fold-able or in two part and thus reducing the box size ?

Making it fit into backpack would make it a lot more portable, and easier to find a shelf space for it . Obviously, I don't know how many components are there in total, and how they fit into the box, but so many games today make boxes that are full of air (even going to components filing only 15% of the box).

P.S. Watched your play through and really liked it. Keep up the good work !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer S.
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer a big enough box to fit in plastic boxes (for sorting all the small pieces) and sleeved cards ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
Lover and creator of immersive games, join the adventure!
badge
Lover and creator of immersive games, join the adventure!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bloobik,

Box size is very important to me and I have been working hard to optimise the components to fit in the most compact box possible.

With that said, the game is fairly large and we are looking at a box that is similar in size to Scythe (it wont be bigger), but there will be little to no extra space in there!

---

Next week I will be releasing a video which talks through the various reward tiers/addons but I wanted to mention 2 of the key ones now.

1)
We are offering the option of 'anti knock' plastic sheets for those who are worried about knocking the cubes on their character sheet.

The downside to this is it does lock us to the full dimensions of the character sheet without being able to fold/cut them in half. But I felt this extra is something many people would want.

2)
We will be offering the option of small plastic trays (with covers) to store all the tokens in. Similar to the ones from Feast for Odin, so setup/take down will be much quicker for those who choose this option.

Both of these will be optional, so for those not wanting them they can just purchase the base game. But I wanted to offer useful/functional extras for those who would like them as to offer the best experience possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skazz of Discworld
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbs up for both additions. because of the many cubes on the player mat I really appreciate a plastic player add on and storage boxes are always good so to reduce setup time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.