Popular Tags: [View All]
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$25-$40 Canadian for shipping and seems like there is no Canadian hub either, which means you can easily add 25 bucks (and of course your provincial taxes - the only thing you're required to pay) or more to that for handling fees. Too bad. Kickstarters need to be Canada-friendly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn DV
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a European citizen I feel your pain. Not all projects are EU-friendly.
But it's worth spending a little extra dont you think? ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IluvatarIrmo wrote:
As a European citizen I feel your pain. Not all projects are EU-friendly.
But it's worth spending a little extra dont you think? ;-)

I am assuming you are kidding. The potential exists for this to cost us an extra 60 or more. The estimated shipping costs alone are just too much, not to mention not at par with other board game projects. As for EU friendly, it must please you that more and more kickstarter project developers are catching on to the importance of this. It's just the same for us. Although more and more successful projects are Canada-friendly, I have noticed that when a project is CAD-friendly, it's also EU-friendly. However it doesn't work the other way around, so we still seem to be a later thought.
I guess it protects the wallet a bit on this end, if nothing else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite used to things costing much more to ship to Canada, its been that way for a very long time. Even KS' that are "Canadian Friendly" typically cost much more to ship than say, the US. It is what it is. I use the EMV (equivallent movie value) equation to look at cost vs reward. Its a five player game, so assuming that 5 people are playing and assuming that for those same people to go to a movie would cost $100 (13.25 for the movie and 6.75 for snacks each) it would only take 3 times playing the game to cover the financial cost. Given my groups track record with games, it would only take one month to make that game pay off, even if I got all the extras. So to me, the shipping cost, is really just the cost of living in a smaller nation, and doesn't impact my purchasing decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am of course used to higher shipping costs too. But I haven't paid 25, let alone up to 40 for a Kickstarter pledge. Shipping costs have always been partially offset by my pledge dollars. Or the use of a shipping hub (here) has made for reasonable costs. Anyway, I am not comparing the costs to other destinations; I am comparing it to other ks projects I've backed over the years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just had a quick browse through your game collection, very nice btw, and couldn't help but notice you have very few minatures based games, especially the heavier mini ones. These games are larger, and heavier than what you are used to. This is one of the main reasons why shipping will cost more. This is only the second game produced by GG so they don't really have the deep pockets that some of the bigger more established KS boardgame producers have. Discounts on shipping, typically rely on volume. As it is now, I doubt that they will be shipping more than 4000 copies of the game. I'm not sure how many it would take to be considered "volume" enough to get the rate break, but as of now there are only 135 backers from Canada. I don't believe that would be enough to justify setting up a shipping hub here. So I guess thats why I'm not all that fussed by it. As of right now (it may change) the high end of their estimate for shipping works out to be $42 CAD, not even close to the highest shipping I've paid for a ks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want to pay high shipping prices (and they're getting higher on every KS), then don't back. KS is a not a store, and GG isn't CMON. Wait for retail, back projects from larger companies, or wait for GG itself to become a larger company. If you really *are* used to higher shipping costs, then this KS's shipping costs shouldn't be a problem for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.