Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alliance Mode - Game Setup Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tristan Herzogenrath-Amelung
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello,

I would be very grateful for any opinions or clarifications to the following question:

For setup in Alliance mode, are the tiles marked 3+, 4+, and 5+ used at all?

If I played Alliance with four players in total, or played solo with four Heroes, would I shuffle the 3+ and 4+ tiles into all the stacks?

As the entrance to the 2nd and 3rd levels are placed in the same location each game, I wonder what the point would be of adding the 3+, 4+, and 5+ tiles to the game (apart from variety of course). If they are not used, however, eventually it would be possible to have a good idea of what tiles might come up before the stairs appear.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume the 3+, 4+, and 5+ tiles are used exactly the same way as a normal game. In a 4 hero alliance game (solo or co-op), shuffle the base tiles, 3+ tiles, and 4+ tiles together and then put the stairs where they are supposed to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Functionally, I don't think the 3+, etc. tiles are needed in an alliance game. As you noted, the placement of the stairs limits the number of tiles that you need. The additional tiles would likely only lead to a different % of tile types available.

There is no reason that you couldn't use the 3+, etc. tiles, but I don't think it is necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3+ tiles are use for any 3 player or more game. The 4+ for any 4 player or more game and the 5 for a 5 player game. So if you have 3 players, no matter what type of game you're playing, you add them to the stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Herzogenrath-Amelung
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for the comments - I will follow the general opinion and just use the tiles depending on how many Heroes are used - not how many players.
Hence in a solo game with 4 Heroes, I would use the 3+ and 4+ tiles. The stairs will still be in the same location, but there will be more variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.