BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Need suggestions! NEED BOARD GAMES! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Christian Hadinata
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Here are my currently favourite board games:

Smallworld, Shadow Hunters, Dominion, Splendor, Takenoko, TIME STORIES, Once Upon A Time, Saboteur.

I would like to know if you guys can give me another title of board games that can match my 'type' of board game.

I like board games that has 30-60 duration (exception for 'Once Upon A Time' there) and I'm looking for board games with simplicity (reason why I don't put 'Ninja All-Stars' on my list).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry for bad English. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If you liked Takenoko, Tokaido is a similar but distinct game that plays in about 30-60 minutes with gorgeous artwork.

Kingdom Builder and Carcassonne are both different flavors of area control that you might appreciate if you like Smallworld.

I'd also recommend Sushi Go Party, just because it's a great all-rounder game and hasn't fallen flat with anyone I've played it with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe
United Kingdom
Cheadle
flag msg tools
Too many games...
badge
not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to take a look at some of the other Days of Wonder titles (they publish Small World).

I think you might enjoy Ticket to Ride and Five Tribes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I second Tokaido, Kingdom Builder, Carcassonne, Sushi Go Party!, and Ticket to Ride.

These games also fit your criteria:
Pandemic
7 Wonders or 7 Wonders Duel
King of Tokyo
Dixit
Bohnanza
Lost Cities
Forbidden Island
The Resistance or The Resistance: Avalon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest Cacao and Via Nebula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlock! Escape Adventures fits with your liking of T.I.M.E Stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good suggestions here.

just adding Lanterns: The Harvest Festival as being in-line with your list. also TransAmerica is nice to have, plays to 6.

to 'stretch' a little, check out; Kodama: The Tree Spirits , very 'different' type game, and maybe Fresco for a little more 'depth'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Greasby
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Walsh Code
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Castles of Mad King Ludwig or Suburbia would work well.

They are both relatively simple for new people, but can also provide depth once you are familiar with the game. I personally like CoMKL better because it is visually more interesting. However, Suburbia may offer slightly more strategic options. CoMKL is easier to play but it plays best with 3-4. Suburbia works well with 2-4. App versions of both games are available, so you could buy the apps to try it out before you spend a lot on the board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Posthumous Jones
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission: Red Planet (Second Edition)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.