Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game sounds fantastic, but I only solo play games.

The blurb for the game says "adaptable for solitaire play".

Can anyone advise how this would be adapted for solo play / how suitable this is for solo play? would it be a case of playing both sides?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith versey
United Kingdom
chester
flag msg tools
Just got my copy today going to solo it tomorrow! Not sure how it will go as it appears you allocate special forces secretly to cause column shifts in combat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Please let me know how you get on. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith versey
United Kingdom
chester
flag msg tools
Well played a solo game today and as suspected not too solo friendly! As mentioned sf units allocated to combat by each player,same with air allocation its doable but a pain!I wasn't too impressed with game overall and I wouldn't recommend it!will sell it most probably! Getting a bit fed up with modern war magazine games the only one I keep going back to in Kandahar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear it wasn't much good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith versey
United Kingdom
chester
flag msg tools
Should have realized its a ty bomba game enough said!!I'd go for next war Poland when it comes out!give this a wide berth mate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Moore
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the saddest excuse for a wargame that I have seen since the 1970's. EG: let's roll a die to see how far we can move, oh and yeah, let's roll another die to see what airpower exists. And yes, we'll play a modified game of "rock, paper, scissors" to add special forces.

COME ON! I know that the designer claims that this is a "high level" strategic game, but the fact that 1/2 of the counter sheet was a supplement to other games says it all.

The only value that I got from this was the extra counters for Red Dragon/Green Crescent, which is after all only a toy game anyways (but it is fun - I like playing it outside the rules and pretending I'm President Trump)

As Decision Games et al is the designated successor to SPI, the latter's roots can be seen here. Just put out games and hope the public buys in. I remember getting an S&T game where the Russians were invading western Europe, but even if you took all of the NATO counters off the board, the Commies didn't have enough movement factors to reach their objectives unopposed!

What a shame because they do have the resident genius of Eric Harvey, but instead of giving him the resources to update Advanced ETO (one of my all time favorites), he has to collaborate on this junk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Kessinger
United States
PALM COAST
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I have played this solo a few times now and to make it a bit more interesting you may want to do the following:

1. Limit SF units to assist each attacking unit by one. Some of the units in real life are directly attached to help their mother formation.
2. Same with air strikes. Each unit attacking has no more than one unit to assist it.
3. Each time a BB result is rolled all SFs in that attack should be removed from play.
4. Germans, Swedes, and some Russian units should not be hampered by the D6 rule to move or give them a minimum of 3 then roll 1D6/2 for the additional movement factors.
5. Some units should be allowed to attack every turn without the AP penalty. See units above.

Final comments. A unique, imaginative game. Maybe it may happen this way.ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.