Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tl;dr: If you have four copies of card 20/36 and none of 21-23, DON'T WORRY. You have the right cards but the numbers are misprinted.

When I get a Mythos pack I like to check that I've got the whole encounter set (while trying not to read the cards!), and I noticed that in Essex County Express I have four copies of card 20/36 and none of 21-23. Here's why I think this is just a misnumbering and not a problem:

Card 20/36 is #178 of the Dunwich Legacy cycle (number in the bottom right corner). Card 24/36 is #179. So there appear to be no missing cards in between them.

So, should encounter set cards 21-23 be copies of #178 or #179? The scenario setup instructions tell you to set aside all four copies of #178 (referring to it by name, obviously, but... spoilers). And those are the four cards numbered 20/36.

Conclusion: there's a minor numbering error in the set where four cards that should be numbered 20-23/36 are all numbered 20/36. I'm 99% sure they are the correct cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ripley
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I saw the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had same thing in my pack.

Have contacted FFG to check if it's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Porter
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Copies of Player Cards are not numbered individually like copies of Mythos cards are. Even though they take up the 20, 21, 22, and 23 slot of the encounter set, because they are player cards all four have the same card number. It isn't a printing error, but it is a little confusing as this is the first time we've had multiple copies of a player card in an encounter set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
westlake wrote:
Copies of Player Cards are not numbered individually like copies of Mythos cards are. Even though they take up the 20, 21, 22, and 23 slot of the encounter set, because they are player cards all four have the same card number. It isn't a printing error, but it is a little confusing as this is the first time we've had multiple copies of a player card in an encounter set.

That seems logical.

Until you consider the fact that it is the Encounter Group number that is repeated on all four copies, that space was left in the numbering for all four to have individual numbers, and that in all other cases multiples of an individual card get identical Set numbers but individual Encounter Group numbers.

So, at the very least, it breaks the pattern of numbering established by FFG themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Response from Asmodee NA:

Quote:
Hello! Thanks for reaching out. There was a printing issue with ‘Across Space and Time’. It should have been cards 20/36, 21/36, 22/36, and 23/36. Four copies of ‘Across Space and Time’ is the correct number, and the next card in the pack should be ‘Helpless Passenger’ 24/36. As this issue does not affect gameplay, you should have everything you need to investigate the horrors of the Essex County Express! Enjoy!

So, it is an error, but, as was correctly surmised, it does not affect gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Murray
United States
Quakertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing within the hour and just noticed the issue. So we should set aside four copies of card number 20?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
Dennis Murray wrote:
Playing within the hour and just noticed the issue. So we should set aside four copies of card number 20?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.