Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I did not have the time to watch all those video reviews so maybe my question has already been answered somewhere, but I'll still ask it here:
How does this play with just 2 players? Getting this right is always a tricky thing for these kind of games. What are the impressions of people who have played the prototype/review copy?
Thanks,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gutowski

Georgia
msg tools
mbmb
Hey Michael. Our preview with the prototype just got approved here on BGG and we address the lower player count. We played with 3, 4 and 5 people at different times. I was not a fan of the 3 player and I think 2 player would suffer in the same way.

The game says that the last place player receives 0 points. With 3 players we found that if a person loses twice in a row, chances are that they are out of the game. You can probably remedy this by just giving them the points for third place and forgetting the 0 point rule. That was our issue with the lower player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are thoughts from another review as well

" So, what are Mrs. Inquisitive Meeple and my thoughts on 2-player? We find it enjoyable, we do keep coming back to it – but it certainly feels like the sweet spot of the game (due to hot spots ranking system) would be 4 or 5 players. 2-player games can be really swing-y. For example, here are some actual scores of our 2-players games 10-31, 10-35, 6-33, and 13-31. I don’t know if that is because one of us is horrible at the game, or if the other is a Climbing game savant or if it is the game itself. Though I suspect it may be the latter. Playing with 2-players only takes about 20 minutes and yet not a single one of our games feels like it took that long, it seemed like it took only half that time. Which is a sign of a good game, because it shows the game is not lagging on, but instead engaging us in a way that time flies by."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.