Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #1» Forums » Rules

Subject: FFNAM/FFMO question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Peterson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
ARE things that are techncially not "movement" like DC placement, smoke generation, etc subject to FFNAM/FFMO? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall good, yes. At least I would do it so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
These are things that are done in the movement phase and that use MF, so yes, they are subject to FFNAM/FFMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilgore Trout
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In brief: Yes.

I believe the relevant rule comes from defining when Defensive Fire can take place (3.3.1) "Any time a unit or stand expends MF..."

"Movement" is defined as the expense of MF, which does not necessarily result in leaving one hex and occupying another hex.

FFNAM could then occur any time MF factors are expended, save when making valid Assault Movement.

FFMO could then occur any time MF factors are expended in the Open.

However, take note of LOS rules... It seems that a failed attempt to throw smoke (when in the open) would make you subject to FFMO. A successful attempt to throw smoke in your own hex would negate FFMO. A successful attempt to throw smoke in another hex, with 2MF expenditure, may or may not subject you to 1 or more attempts at Defensive Fire, depending on the one or more LOS opportunities by the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
A successful smoke placement can negate FFMO vs. the placing unit in open ground otherwise subject to it, only if the smoke affects the attack (either because it was placed in the unit's hex or because it now hinders the fjre between the firing unit and the one placing smoke in a adjacent hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.