Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello BGG,

I have been looking to get this game for a while now and found one pop up on CL near me.

One thing is troubling though...

Quote:
Game is missing a few pieces that do not affect game-play: 1 villain tile (can be replaced by any item), 1 hero class card, campaign guide (i heard it can be downloaded as a PDF), Also, my box did not come with the large miniature, it came with a replacement token (I could not find a reason why).

My main concern is the mini. Were some of these games printed without the mini? Or maybe a replacement FFG didn't have enough of so they started issuing standees instead?

And the other missing items?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Kyle A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexankh wrote:
Hello BGG,

I have been looking to get this game for a while now and found one pop up on CL near me.

Quote:
Game is missing a few pieces that do not affect game-play: 1 villain tile (can be replaced by any item), 1 hero class card, campaign guide (i heard it can be downloaded as a PDF), Also, my box did not come with the large miniature, it came with a replacement token (I could not find a reason why).

My main concern is the mini. Were some of these games printed without the mini? Or maybe a replacement FFG didn't have enough of so they started issuing standees instead?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Kyle A.

The class card will be the biggest problem. If by "tile" the seller means "deployment card", that's also bad. If by "tile" he means "token", it's not that big a deal. The AT-ST mini, while being a huge bummer, isn't that big a deal when it comes to impact on gameplay. All core boxes should have one, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends what he means
If the villain tile is a token that represents a villain, then you will likely not use it if you buy that villain's exp pack for the mini itself.

The hero class card seems the most troubling but ffg can replace it normally

The large mini must be the atst, but here too you have the mini expansion pack (general weiss) which includes it, though you might need to buy 2 in case you need a regular one + weiss alongside

The core box normally comes with a regular atst mini, with a replacement token for weiss' atst, which is probably what he means.
All core boxes are the same as far as i know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
It depends what he means
If the villain tile is a token that represents a villain, then you will likely not use it if you buy that villain's exp pack for the mini itself.

The hero class card seems the most troubling but ffg can replace it normally

The large mini must be the atst, but here too you have the mini expansion pack (general weiss) which includes it, though you might need to buy 2 in case you need a regular one + weiss alongside

The core box normally comes with a regular atst mini, with a replacement token for weiss' atst, which is probably what he means.
All core boxes are the same as far as i know.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

What are the chances of FFG replacing the ATST mini?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinceness wrote:
alexankh wrote:
Hello BGG,

Quote:

Thank you!

Cheers,

Kyle A.

The class card will be the biggest problem. If by "tile" the seller means "deployment card", that's also bad. If by "tile" he means "token", it's not that big a deal. The AT-ST mini, while being a huge bummer, isn't that big a deal when it comes to impact on gameplay. All core boxes should have one, though.

I have sent an email asking something along these lines. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexankh wrote:
Thanks for all the helpful info.

What are the chances of FFG replacing the ATST mini?

If bought second-handed? Not too sure.

Each box should have a "proof of purchase" carboard token with a unique serial number on it. Make sure he gives that along with the box and you can pretend you bought it and the mini got lost while moving or something. That'll vastly increase your chances of having it replaced, although I wouldn't count on it. Never hurts to try, I guess. Like said earlier, worst case scenario you can buy the General Weiss lieutenant pack for another AT-ST mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot download the Campaign Guide!

The Learn to Play, Skirmish Guide, the Rules Reference Guide, and the rules portions of non-core campaigns can be downloaded, but the Campaign Guide contains the missions, and is not downloadable from FFG.

If you are playing Skirmish, missing the campaign guide won't be bad, but for the Campaign game the Campaign Guide is the first and only priority. You can get away with missing any other piece (by printing out or proxying), but you need the Campaign Guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexankh wrote:
Hello BGG,

Quote:

Thank you!

Cheers,

Kyle A.

I would clarify what they mean by Campaign Guide. If it's the summary for the campaign, yes that is online. If they are talking about the campaign book that has the missions, then it is a deal breaker as that book is not online per FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That the Campaign guide is not available from FFG site doesn't mean it's not available from the rest of the internet (it is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Campign Guide is probably the most essential and irreplaceable component of IA. That is a massive red flag. Besides that, the game is playable with replacement parts but come on, one of the great joys of this game is pulling out an enormous ATAT- or taking one down! If you are getting this incomplete box for $20 or less, sure. Otherwise, I recommend you keep shopping around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would avoid. Sounds terrible. Missing ATST, Campaign Guide, a class card. All those things are important. This is not normal. FFG have not altered what's in the box at all. Clearly a used / pillaged / poorly looked after copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holmezzz wrote:
The Campign Guide is probably the most essential and irreplaceable component of IA. That is a massive red flag. Besides that, the game is playable with replacement parts but come on, one of the great joys of this game is pulling out an enormous ATAT- or taking one down! If you are getting this incomplete box for $20 or less, sure. Otherwise, I recommend you keep shopping around.

yogibbear wrote:
I would avoid. Sounds terrible. Missing ATST, Campaign Guide, a class card. All those things are important. This is not normal. FFG have not altered what's in the box at all. Clearly a used / pillaged / poorly looked after copy.

Thanks!

He is offering the game with the Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker expansions.

I set out a lowball offer, well see what comes back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Vader & Luke come standard in the base game - nothing "generous" there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:
Darth Vader & Luke come standard in the base game - nothing "generous" there...

I am going to pass up on this copy.

Thank you everyone for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Theodorou
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unless it is a *really* good deal (and everything included is in excellent/brand-new condition), I will pass.

If the price is really low, it might worth it. Assuming you can:
a) Search on eBay/shops to buy the missing components. At least in the UK, a couple of shops sell individual cards/components for IA, as they buy core sets and sell the minis painted.

b) The token he is referring to is General Weiss (a more powerful AT-ST). You can purchase his figure separately and use it as a normal AT-ST. However, he is either lying as he lost the figure (thus, maybe other parts are missing) or he didn't check under his insert the AT-ST in my copy was under a different insert than the rest of the figures. If you are lucky, it might be there (unlikely).

c) You can use a tablet/phone to access the PDF file of the campaign here: https://www.scribd.com/doc/272181744/Star-Wars-Imperial-Assa... Note: I am not entirely sure if FFG is happy with this, but I saw this link posted on Reddit & BGG, without any objections by FFG. I think, they can't release the campaign guide online mainly due to the way their SW license works.

From my understanding, FFG usually offers excellent support. You could ask for a new card/campaign guide, but I am not sure if their "warranty" is transferable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that there are other SW miniatures games and roleplaying games you could use for the set. Depends on how cheap you'll be getting it. Double-check the rules for skirmish to get an idea if you can use more than one core box's worth of miniatures for larger games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the seller keeps dropping the price, so what would be a good deal?

30?
25?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Regarding the AT-ST-

The General Weiss pack contains a reconfigurable AT-ST/Weiss set. So, you could either pick it up and have a Weiss/AT-ST mini, or (if you want to splurge) pick up two and have one of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
msg tools
Amazon says $80 for the base game. Gently used is usually around 50% retail. Your best case starting price is $40. But you've got to spend $20 replacing the missing components and then contacting FFG for the stuff that's not available ($10 of trouble). $10 is a lowball and they may well be insulted. Go with $20 but make it a firm offer.

The biggest concern I have is that this may be a patchwork product using components from various mini games to try to fool the unassuming customer. Make sure the components are what they should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd stay away from it. Who knows what else is missing or wrong.

Right now there's a 2 days old offer on the GM for a (supposedly) complete game, played once, for $50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.