Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided that kicking off my first ever game of EPYC needed something at least a little bit Chit-Chatty:
Submariners suffer sunburn from playing soccer on shore.
Cringing Dragon

Which wizcreations had totally in control with this early ball:
wizcreations

shumyum makes a killer pass:
Caution: one-on-one beach soccer can distract you from having proper sun protection and spying submarines.
shumyum

Masterfully volleyed by WallyNate:
WallyNate

Avri executes a decoy run:
You can kick the ball around all you like, but there is no sub for this advice: Wear Sunscreen.
Reish Galuta

The support play had been effective so far, but Avri's feint threw MWChapel off his game. Fortunately Muzza stepped in to cover, but being a sub himself didn't feel the need to draw one (alas poor submarine, I knew him, Horatio).
Muzza

Not wanting to rub the lotion on its skin, Drew1365 vanished without a trace. Aneirin showed up to make a fast save, taking the pass from the dribbling sunscreen with this line:
The bottle of sunscreen was moving faster than Antonio Valencia as it took a shot at goal.
Aneirin

Dutch Boy, after a bit of jockeying, makes a late tackle:
Dutch Boy

The game really picks up pace now, with MABBY running with the ball:
The well-tanned soccer player took his penalty kick (successfully) against the "goalkeeper" who was actually just a tube of sunblock lotion!
MABBY

And an equally fast breakaway from jpwoo:
jpwoo

To finish with a tidy goal from sunkencheerio:
Sunscreen didn't let little things like a lack of arms, legs, or talent get in the way of fulfilling his lifelong dream of becoming a professional goalie.
sunkencheerio

Thanks team, for making my first game of EPYC such an enjoyable experience. I love that the soccer ball stayed in play, even though the ball passed to Muzza could have been anything. And special thanks to our two subs, who stepped in at short notice. I will definitely be playing again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
and crikey!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Muzza stepped in to cover, but being a sub himself didn't feel the need to draw one

Well it did say "no sub" ;-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
There were a lot of subs, even after the sub disappeared.
If you know what I mean. shake

Thanks to everyone for stepping up their game!

OK, I'll stop now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is the only one of my drawings I colored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
this is the only one of my drawings I colored.
That's why the sunburn theme survived!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.