Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: love_hate_and_Kickstarter [+] [View All]
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
I was trying to figure if this forum is the appropriate one for the question I will be asking next. If not, then please move it to the correct one. I would like to know if there is a website or two where we can go to just to stay abreast of all future kickstarter projects that have yet to be launched. So we could research and budget accordingly if we see something we like. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribing to the BGG News blog: BoardGameGeek News

and the Press Releases forum: https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31/boardgamegeek/press-relea...

and the Kickstarter family forum: Crowdfunding: Kickstarter

should keep you pretty informed, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the 2017 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects Geeklist is regularly updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Option 2 would be to look for one of the thousands of games that are currently available that would suit you and buy them right away, often at a discounted price. I know it sounds crazy, but might be worth a shot just for a change of pace.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Option 2 would be to look for one of the thousands of games that are currently available that would suit you and buy them right away, often at a discounted price. I know it sounds crazy, but might be worth a shot just for a change of pace.

S.

I think she already knows this option exists. She's asking how to find KSs.

I understand why people are KS curmudgeons, and I'm not a common backer myself, but I don't understand why people feel the need to step on Kickstarter at every opportunity. People aren't stupid; if they didn't find value in KS, they wouldn't use it.

(This is not aimed solely at Sagrilarus btw, I just see this kind of thing pop up every time someone mentions KS and I get tired of it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@OP, if you're looking for general KS project chit-chat, there's also a thread in the Women & Gaming forum Crowdfunding Discussion - do not post campaign links
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

S.

I understand why people are KS curmudgeons, and I'm not a common backer myself, but I don't understand why people feel the need to step on Kickstarter at every opportunity. People aren't stupid; if they didn't find value in KS, they wouldn't use it.

(This is not aimed solely at Sagrilarus btw, I just see this kind of thing pop up every time someone mentions KS and I get tired of it)

I'm 52 years old. If I don't act grumpy people are disappointed.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
Mashpotassium wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

S.

S.

Get off my lawn, youngster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiff Reynolds
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this one should suit your needs pretty well:

Prelaunched Kickstarter Board Game Projects by date

It's updated regularly, with launched projects rolling off the top of the list and the upcoming games *generally* sorted by date (soonest at #1). Frequently the only info we get on an upcoming game is "3rd quarter 2017", so it's as close as the list manager can get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

S.

xc

Actually, I am a male. I do not back that much either but like to see if one have retail pledge included so I can buy one from my FLGS if they back it. They already retailly backed Rising Sun KS edition so I will get it from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silent Geek wrote:
xc

Actually, I am a male.

Oops, sorry about that!
(...about mistaking your gender, not you being male laugh)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Silent Geek wrote:
xc

Actually, I am a male.

Oops, sorry about that!
(...about mistaking your gender, not you being male laugh)

No apology needed as I am used to it. I have recieved that countless times over the course of my 51 years. I came close to being assigned to room with a female when I worked as an archaeologist but I informed my then new employer that I am a male, then he thanked me profusely for saving him the embarrassment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.