5 Posts

Village Attacks» Forums » General

Subject: Translation poll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Etienne BREAUD
France
flag msg tools
Because it was asked on the comment section, here it is. Obviously this poll is informative only...
Poll
Do you want translation and if yes in which language? (in this poll I assume each backer only want one language instead of English. If you want two or more, please comment below and explain why please! :) )
No
French
German
Spanish
Italian
      87 answers
Poll created by Tefen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne BREAUD
France
flag msg tools
Also, I only added the language mainly seen translated in other boardgames KS, sorry for our Greek, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch and many other friends...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather they put their efforts to other things but if they could get the community to help translate into at least Spanish that would be cool. Giving translated rulebook would be easier than having to do the flavor text on everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Green
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only need English, but it would be nice of it were possible to offer a PDF download of the languages listed. If for no other reason than to support a larger portion of the gamer demographic.

I cannot imagine actually printing all materials in another language. But to make the rulebook available, even as a download, would go a long way to supporting these other gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe, I'm reading into this too much but wouldn't the Poll have been better if it was phrased "What other language do you want to be translated for for the game other than English?"

I speak English (perhaps not well enough to understand the nuance of this wording).

I am assuming that most of the people that clicked "No", do not mind if the game was translated to other languages but rather they speak English therefore a translation is not necessary.

I only say this to avoid confusion and to make the results/data easier to mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.