Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Roll Player» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Sooo in the expansion will you actually yake your character you built on a quest to fight said "monsters and minions" or is it just more of a "these are the requirements needed to beat monsters. Build a character that meets yhem and you win"?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Players earn Reputation Stars by constructing the perfect character, as well as driving back the evil of the monster and its minions. The player with the greatest Reputation wins the game and becomes the heir to the kingdom!"

From the expansion page description here: Roll Player: Monsters & Minions
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
By the way, this expansion is coming soon on kickstarter?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I read that but it doesnt tell us if you actually get to ACTIVELY drive back said monsters or if you just have to have a character meet certain criteria and said monstera are AUTOMATICALLY driven back
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Justice_Bolt wrote:
By the way, this expansion is coming soon on kickstarter?


kmatejka wrote:
Reprint is targeting late feb or early march store shelves. It will be available in Europe.

The KS will likely be late spring at this point. There will be a combo deal as a pledge level.

Hope that helps.

Keith


See response from Keith above (bolding by me)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on your definition of "going on a quest" is. There is no tactical element in the expansion. Meaning there's no minis on a dungeon tile like gloomhaven or descent, if that's what you mean.

Basically, there is one of 6 monsters to fight at the end after character generation is complete. And by fight, mechanically you will roll combat dice trying to do more damage than the other players. Each monster has a special ability that affects players rolls. The amount of combat dice rolled is dependent on meeting additional character creation goals. The goals are different every game and start out secret. The players get opportunities to peek at the additional goals throughout the character creation portion after defeating a minion. Going on a "Hunt" to fight a minion is an alternate option to buying a market card or discarding a market card. When you defeat minions you also gain a new resource called XP, which can be spent in a variety of ways.

Hope that helps.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat dice?! I'm screwed! LOL I roll terribly, I depend on the rolls of my opponents to do well at this game. Dice hate me
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
Antioch
Tennessee
flag msg tools
kmatejka wrote:
I guess it depends on your definition of "going on a quest" is. There is no tactical element in the expansion. Meaning there's no minis on a dungeon tile like gloomhaven or descent, if that's what you mean.

Basically, there is one of 6 monsters to fight at the end after character generation is complete. And by fight, mechanically you will roll combat dice trying to do more damage than the other players. Each monster has a special ability that affects players rolls. The amount of combat dice rolled is dependent on meeting additional character creation goals. The goals are different every game and start out secret. The players get opportunities to peek at the additional goals throughout the character creation portion after defeating a minion. Going on a "Hunt" to fight a minion is an alternate option to buying a market card or discarding a market card. When you defeat minions you also gain a new resource called XP, which can be spent in a variety of ways.

Hope that helps.


Well yeah I wasnt expecting minis or anything like that and your description sounds exactly like what I was hoping to hear sooo yup I want that
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Hanson
msg tools
This sounds like exactly what I was hoping for! Will this release on its own? Or require another KS?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith has indicated it will be KS late this spring.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vospire wrote:
Keith has indicated it will be KS late this spring.


The date is May 23rd
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1748995/kickstarter-lau...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.