Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there was a previous thread on this, but I'm curious on how people feel about the game now. Is it worth grabbing for just 2 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arlyn Janssen
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
I know there was a previous thread on this, but I'm curious on how people feel about the game now. Is it worth grabbing for just 2 players?

I personally would pass on it if it was meant to be 2p-only. The map is really loose, the cowardly/brave decision is mathematical more often than not, and getting what you need just seems altogether too easy.

However, the 2p experience is somehow better than it should be, if that makes sense. Even with the above critiques, I found it to be actually playable with 2p, while being doubtful it would be so. There are so many great 2p games out there that I doubt this will ever be my first choice, but playing 2p wasn't a wholly miserable experience.

In sum, it's fine to try 2p if you have it for another reason, but if you don't have other reasons, look elsewhere for a strong 2p experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've played 17 2player games and 3-4 with 4 players.
We think that it's very much fun with only 2 players. We like strategic games and with only 2 players you can really plan for your turn because you only have to struggle with one player. In 3 (especially 4) player games it's more random or chaotic what you can do and what is going to happen in a turn. It can also be more frustrating with more players.

I would say if you like a strategic game in which you can plan your turn
go for 2players. If you don't like to play a serious game in which everything can go wrong than you play with 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like cut-throat games, then 2p is absolutely fantastic.

With only one other player, understanding what they are trying to do and then taking it away from them (or avoiding the conflict with smart "bewitched" role selection) and racing for valuable spots - well, it all becomes quite a mind-game. With more players it is a fun, tense romp. With 2p it is a calculating, sigh-with-relief-when-your-plan-works kind of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
E pluribus unum
badge
mb
I think it works great with 2. Worth getting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, deeper with 2 since you can actually try to predict your opponent's decisions, which isn't really feasible with more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.