Subject: How are you supposed to deal with a strong leader? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Carpenter
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
I just got the game yesterday and I was browsing through all the leaders until I came across the Dragon Mage. She doesn't allow your opponents to remove corpses. How would you even play around this ability if the only other card I see that effectively negates this would be the Witch. However, if you don't ever draw her or she gets assasinated, you're pretty much screwed? From the gameplay I've seen, your units WILL die a lot and if you can't remove the corpses, you have to make due with your first 8 heroes you play. I just know the moment either me or my friend play the Dragon Mage as our leader, we're going to have a rough time trying to deal with her. Or maybe she isn't as busted as I think she is since I have yet to play with someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Don't have her card in front of me now, but she probably prevents you from using an action to clear corpses specifically. Other effects, such as spells or orders, would still let you clear corpses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Carpenter
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
I am aware of alternative ways to clear corpses other than clear corpse action but i feel as though the witch is the only way around the dragon mage ability. It feels as though if you don't draw the witch or she ends up dying somehow, you're pretty much locked out of the game to recruit anyone. I did see that there were 2 other cards that let you search your deck for certain cards, so effectively you have 3 chances to get a witch out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is this leaders life/damage?

Usually the better their ability, the weaker they are.

An opposing leader with a strong offensive ability should be able to apply a lot of pressure to that team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way around it is to resurrect the corpses via the Druid, Divinity, etc.

But no doubt about it, it's absolutely something you need to play around.

But odds are, your leader has an ability that your opponent will be struggling to deal with as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Carpenter
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
Ok I was wrong or maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. I recently played with a friend who had the dragon mage as his leader. It wasn't as soul crushing when my units died because heroes don't die constantly in between waves. Resurrecting fallen units and having the witch in the rear helped out a bit but I was able to close out the game without having to find ways to clear certain corpses. This game is just too much fun and each game felt unique. I wish I could get more people into this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.