12 Posts

Darkness Sabotage» Forums » General

Subject: Is anyone hyped for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Burkett
msg tools
mb
Is anyone excited to get this game? Or is it just me? I am currently waiting on quite a few Kickstarters, but this and KD:M 1.5 are the only ones I'm actually excited about.

I don't know if its the "this is what Space Hulk should have been." Or the sick models, I can't wait to paint. (Note: I am not a good painter, I just enjoy doing it.) But I actually look forward to any and all news about this project.

And just so you know I am not exactly blowing smoke, I am currently waiting on: The Shared Dream, Relic Knights 2nd, KDM:1.5, Mythic Battles, Guardian Chronicles, Vampire Hunters, and Middara. Okay so I have a KS problem.

Back on topic. What is it about this project that made you interested in it, and gets you excited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much what you said. The theme got my attention, the amazing models made me take interest, and the game play has gotten me waiting for a chance to play it.

I like the similarities to space hulk (at least in theme). The game itself seems way different and interesting.

The campaign is not without is faults. There were some issues right at the bringing and another with Orion more recently, but overall the game looks great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hyped Especially that we are getting closer and closer to shipping time.

Theme, models, different gameplay than other similar games caught my attention and I went all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like there has been so little information that I've grown skeptical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven M
Germany
SH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the fear that the game will disappoint me. I was so hyped at the moment I backed this game. Now I think about the high price of the game, the gameplay changes and the delivery delay. ( ~ 271,00 CA$ with all the addons + the, at this time, unknown shipping costs.)

I just hope this game don't sucks. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desferous wrote:
I feel like there has been so little information that I've grown skeptical.

and add a few months to the skepticism.
I'm expecting delays, and I'll accept even drastic changes to the game if needed, as well as the delays that brings. I understand that some projects have to go "back the drawing board" as they go along. And I'm okay with that too.
But, this project has gone kind of dark. I would like to know a little more about what is going on and who is doing anything on the game project. Maybe Darkness Sabotage was more appropriate a title than I had expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I didn't back this, but considered late backing. I am now against it. I can see from the comments on the KS that many backers who stayed are quickly losing interest.

I didn't see how the campaign was run, but it appears the creator repeatedly disappears and reappears to temporarily "appease the masses" and promise more communication which never happens. The updates don't appear all that impressive either.

I have this feeling this company burned through the funds and it's going to end up being vaporware like Robotech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering late pledge for this considering how nice the miniatures are. The late pledge only offers the basic pledge it appears, no ability to purchase add-on's. Do you think the pledge manager will open at some point where we can purchase add-on's as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at this too. Anybody that's been following along since the beginning have any insight on how things are developing and most importantly how gameplay is looking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
I'm looking at this too. Anybody that's been following along since the beginning have any insight on how things are developing and most importantly how gameplay is looking?

We backed the campaign as a retailer. Communication shortly after the campaign ended last year was a bit spotty, and there were concerns about the art being re-done. But the publisher has sent three substantive updates in the last 6 weeks, with another update scheduled for later this month. Production is scheduled to start in the next month or so (it's being manufactured by Ludofact, one of the largest game manufacturers in Europe, if not the world).

All in all, I think the development has been a bit slow, but it's on track, and it sounds like the game should be done sometime next year.

As for the gameplay, I really couldn't say. Based on the last update (October 2), there will be a link to the new rulebook later this month, once formatting is done. So that will really be the time to determine if the gameplay is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I took the plunge and late backed this ... and it did allow me to add stuff on after I selected the basic pledge. Here's hoping! I didn't see anything about requiring a backerkit account or the like, so I should be good? I late pledged with CrowdOx.com ( where they take you once you click on Late Pledge on the KS page ) - I take it that's the gaming company whose putting this out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gelaar wrote:
Ok, so I took the plunge and late backed this ... and it did allow me to add stuff on after I selected the basic pledge. Here's hoping! I didn't see anything about requiring a backerkit account or the like, so I should be good? I late pledged with CrowdOx.com ( where they take you once you click on Late Pledge on the KS page ) - I take it that's the gaming company whose putting this out?

Crowdox is another third party pledge manager, similar to backerkit.com and pledgemanager.com. So if your credit card was charged, you're all set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.