Subject: Void Mine FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread has been moved since it was getting very little traction under Xenoshyft: Onslaught. This also could be the home for other "not a troop" type cards.

Hi - since there is so much confusion (at least for me) I would like this thread to put all info regarding the void mine and latest clarifications. It would be nice for everyone to play the void mine the same. So however you play with void mine or understand it to be played, please put it here.
What I have gleamed so far from perusing forums on this:

Void mine is NOT a troop. If a reveal effect affects a troop, this would affect the first troop in line (which could be after a void mine then).

Void mines can be stacked, along with sharing a zone with a troop. If attacked, it does damage to both the troop and the attacking enemy.

A quill beast will trigger a void mine, and the quill beast would take damage.

If something (enemy) has an effect triggered by killing a troop, it does not trigger on detonating the void mine.

Things that kill troops and then convert them to enemies, such as nuerosting scorpions, does not work on the void mine. I believe the scorpion takes damage and the mine is discarded.

If something burns the first troop in line, it skips the void mine and goes to the actual first troop.

Void mine cannot be armed with items or equipment.

How else has everyone been playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Tai Lee
msg tools
Hello,

As part of the FAQ's for Onslaught, what happened is that when a void mine is deployed, effectively treat it as a troop.

As such, reveal effects that affect the void mine. It makes "sharing a zone" with another troop a bit more confusing but most of the time it fully works out.

Tricky things are similar to the "Mimic's" ability with a void mine, but there's also a thread about it.

The void mine never really gets "killed", since it says whenever it suffers damage (or troop in its zone suffers damage, but since it's a troop it just auto triggers), it blows up.

If a reveal effects strictly says lets burn right away and you can't prevent it, then yes, you burn that void mine. If you stacked them, I'm interpreting it as you burn ONE. (similar to the Mimic's method of dealing with stacked mines with troops).

Since when a voidmine is effectively treated as troop, YOU CAN equip it and prevent damage on it. Initially you may think, what the heck, that kills the theme of it!

But remember, troops are SUPER innovative and MacGyver their ways through things. I mean, in WW2, remember sticky bombs? Socks with Axle Grease plus tons of explosives? So of course people should be able to rip out pieces of armor and stick it onto a mine and make it do remote stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott

Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically, what your saying is that:

the void mine can be "burned" by reveal effects/enemies.

Since the void mine can't be "killed" anything triggering off of being killed doesn't trigger.

Treat the void mine as a troop in all other circumstances?

Sound about right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.