Roland Johansson
Sweden
Angered, Göteborg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Recently I've been enjoying these two apps but I wonder if they
are originating from real boardgames, I haven't found them here...

TEN looks like Multiple Tic Tac Toe,
but not exactly, the grid is still 9 3x3 in a square
and rules are different, where you place your piece shows
where your opponent will play next and free placing if that square
is already won

Tower Zoo also plays like a real boardgame,
pieces are placed on a board and when 3 or more are connected
orthogonally the placed pieces grows 1 level and the other pieces are removed, and when the board is full most pieces win

I have searched for those games in the analogue world, I know they are simple to create with ordinary playing pieces and markers
but I would like to see their real version

anyone knows them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
Game On!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Roland - just noticed your post and felt it deserved a response.

I looked at the two games and I agree with you, they do look interesting and look like they have potential for a Kickstarter on the Board Game side.

It looks like both of those games are straight mobile games with no BG version and both made by small or even possibly one man development companies. My guess is that they have no expertise or interest in the area of board gaming.

TEN is by a London based company called Sennep ( http://www.sennep.com/contact ) based in London, UK. It looks like they have multiple areas that they do business in, all of which seem to do with development and web development.

Tower Zoo is by mobile app developer, MiniWorldGames ( http://miniworldgames.com/#contact )also based out the UK (Cheltenham, United Kingdom). They do mobile apps only.

From what I see, Board Games get ported to digital, but it isn't often that it happens the other way.

I suppose you could try to contact a product manager at one of the companies and suggesting the idea, but my guess is it probably won't go anywhere.

Cheers,
Elclarkey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.