Percy Rich
msg tools
Ok so your hero has a bounty token on them, right? Now the Imperial player has cards that let her
1. Roll an extra blue die and ignore LOS
2. Reroll an attack die (more than once)
3. Add in a DMG or SRG
With elite Jet troopers, if they both shoot the same target and use all those abilities, you're looking at around 10* damage from the Imperial player on average. It can be a lot worse, elite storm troopers can be just as bad, for example. Add in a focus or something like that? Ridiculous.

Imperial player can now semi-reliably wound a hero of their choice in one activation and we can't do anything to stop it. We have a wounded hero at the end of turn 1 without fail. Oh, and he gets a bonus whole turn's worth of threat for wounding us, because of another ability. Next turn, the next hero gets it, until all four are wounded and gg.

The overlord has started giving us concessions, but we have lost four in a row now and I'd put good money on our losing the last three still to come. I think this particular class is astonishingly overpowered - we're not noobs but we are getting absolutely pumped.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any suggestions? We are running Onan, Shia LeBouf, Vinto, and Gribbs.

*I'm not sure about this, but we have seen 14, so I think expecting 10 sounds about right from the rough math.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Garrett
msg tools
Yeah, your experience matches mine pretty closely- the Imperial's able to wound a rebel in almost a single attack just about every turn. My experience was with elite Trandoshan hunters more than elite jet troopers, but both sound very nasty.

I really wonder how playtested this deck really was. What really gets to me is that its "balancing" mechanic, the distribution of bounty tokens, penalizes the rebels for the Imperials success (that is, successfully wounding all 4 heroes lets the Empire throw bounty tokens on each character all over again!), which is the opposite of what a balancing mechanic ought to do.

Right now, I'd say that it's a deck that's only appropriate for an inexperienced Imperial player up against some more experienced Rebels. It's irritating to have to say this- I feel like there were some very fun new ideas in Jabba's Realm, but between this deck and the extremely wonky balancing of each mission, I can't help but wonder if they playtested it nearly enough before sending it to the printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.