Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing this a bit (nearly 30 times) just two things I have added to the solo rules, FWIW.

1. Since the AI always gets a card I think that is a bit unrealistic so each time the AI draws I roll a D6 and if a 1 comes up then no card is drawn just as if a player did not have that card type in their hand.

2. For the carrier order, I roll a number of dice equal to the carriers in play and assign a color to each carrier. Then I roll all the dice at once and the matching number wins the initiative. So for example on the first activation if I have 4 carriers in the game I roll four dice and the first to come up a one goes. If there is a tie, then just those dice are rolled again with high roll winning.
I know it takes a bit of time, but it does allow for more suspense since you truly don't know who will activate next.

Just some ideas. Enjoy if you please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reid
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tim,

I like your technique for limiting the 'never ending story' of AI combat cards.

I have tried it in half a dozen solitaire games. I find it doesn't skew outcomes, feels like a good fit, and doesn't add a lot of drag to the game flow.

Thanks for sharing this good idea!

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.