Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Police Precinct» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeve Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Hannigan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I already bent a card....

So time to sleeve. The sleeve post for the game confuses me.


Quote:

This game contains three sizes of cards.

Large cards (event, loyalty, and player aid cards):
Number of cards: 53 - Including six player aid cards.

Standard cards:
Number of cards: 0

Small cards:
Number of cards: 90

----

So does this game need two sleeve sizes or 3?

Thanks,
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shenannigan wrote:
I already bent a card....

So time to sleeve. The sleeve post for the game confuses me.


Quote:

This game contains three sizes of cards.

Large cards (event, loyalty, and player aid cards):
Number of cards: 53 - Including six player aid cards.

Standard cards:
Number of cards: 0

Small cards:
Number of cards: 90

----

So does this game need two sleeve sizes or 3?

Thanks,


Just two (for the base game)

There are some expansions that are stand alone decks (I assume you don't have them) which are a bit smaller than the large cards.

does that help?

meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hannigan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bartenbach
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
Are you able to sleeve the 2nd edition smaller cards using the fantasy flight mini european sleeves (red)? I could with the 1st edition but the cards are slightly wider in my 2nd edition and no can do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
babyjimbrofski wrote:
Are you able to sleeve the 2nd edition smaller cards using the fantasy flight mini european sleeves (red)? I could with the 1st edition but the cards are slightly wider in my 2nd edition and no can do.


Check this out...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/2916504#item2...

Hope it helps!

meeple

PS - small cards were speced same for 1E & 2E in terms of size. Never heard anyone say that they thought that they turned out different for 2E. They are upgraded and cards are thicker. I wonder if that is part of the issue with trying to use the same sleeves?

(not sure)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bartenbach
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
Common Man Games wrote:
babyjimbrofski wrote:
Are you able to sleeve the 2nd edition smaller cards using the fantasy flight mini european sleeves (red)? I could with the 1st edition but the cards are slightly wider in my 2nd edition and no can do.


Check this out...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/2916504#item2...

Hope it helps!

meeple

PS - small cards were speced same for 1E & 2E in terms of size. Never heard anyone say that they thought that they turned out different for 2E. They are upgraded and cards are thicker. I wonder if that is part of the issue with trying to use the same sleeves?

(not sure)



I put the police cards together and 2E is definitely wider, by a millimeter or two. Normally I wouldn't care but I can't fit them in the mini card sleeves like I could with 1E. I ordered on Amazon and am wondering if I was sent an early cut of the game? I was going to email you guys and see if I could maybe exchange it for a new one. The one I have has all the parts and is in great condition.

On another note, the event cards are slightly taller than 1E. I can fit these into the standard sized card sleeves but there is no wiggle room at the top like with 1E.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
babyjimbrofski wrote:


I ordered on Amazon and am wondering if I was sent an early cut of the game?


What logo is in the lower right hand corner of the box cover?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bartenbach
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
Common Man Games wrote:
babyjimbrofski wrote:


I ordered on Amazon and am wondering if I was sent an early cut of the game?


What logo is in the lower right hand corner of the box cover?



A picture of a police officer and around it says, "From the world of Police Precinct"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bartenbach
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
babyjimbrofski wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
babyjimbrofski wrote:


I ordered on Amazon and am wondering if I was sent an early cut of the game?


What logo is in the lower right hand corner of the box cover?



A picture of a police officer and around it says, "From the world of Police Precinct"


See previous post first... So I just got back from my local game store and there were two copies of PP2E on the shelf. Both had the Common Man Games logo in the bottom right of the box cover unlike mine which has a police officer described in my previous post. Can you tell me why mine is different by chance? And also is there anything I can do to trade it in? I ordered mine off of Amazon.

Pictured here is my copy

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you want to trade your game in -- is your copy of the game missing some components or something? I just checked my version and it also has the "Police Precinct" logo in the bottom corner. Looks like a standard 2nd edition cover update.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
babyjimbrofski wrote:
babyjimbrofski wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
babyjimbrofski wrote:


I ordered on Amazon and am wondering if I was sent an early cut of the game?


What logo is in the lower right hand corner of the box cover?



A picture of a police officer and around it says, "From the world of Police Precinct"


See previous post first... So I just got back from my local game store and there were two copies of PP2E on the shelf. Both had the Common Man Games logo in the bottom right of the box cover unlike mine which has a police officer described in my previous post. Can you tell me why mine is different by chance? And also is there anything I can do to trade it in? I ordered mine off of Amazon.

Pictured here is my copy



You have the latest version.

I could send you new cards, but they would be just like the ones you have.

maybe try different sleeves.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bartenbach
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
randyd42 wrote:
Why do you want to trade your game in -- is your copy of the game missing some components or something? I just checked my version and it also has the "Police Precinct" logo in the bottom corner. Looks like a standard 2nd edition cover update.


I was only interested in trading if my cards were cut wrong. Common Man Games said the cards were spaced the same as the 1st edition but the big cards in my 2nd edition are a tad taller and the small cards a tad wider than my 1st edition set. The only reason I even care about this is because of sleeving, which I can't do any longer with the small cards unless I use a size too big. I have put 1st and 2nd edition cards on top of each other and the 2nd edition are definitely wider, just enough to no longer fit in the sleeves I was using for 1st edition. But alas, according to CMG I have the correct box so I guess there is no reason to trade.

I'll probably end up selling my 2nd edition to my local game store at a discount and then buy the copy they have in the store (which has a different logo in the lower right corner of the box) and see if that solves the problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
babyjimbrofski wrote:


I'll probably end up selling my 2nd edition to my local game store at a discount and then buy the copy they have in the store (which has a different logo in the lower right corner of the box) and see if that solves the problem.


I'm not sure that this would solve your concern. I would not do that if I were you. The one in the store (if it has a different logo) is an older version of the 2nd Edition. We improved the game with every print run that we thus far. The copy you have now is the newest and therefore the best version of Police Precinct in existence.

I have an idea Joel...

Take the cards that you like from the 1st Edition and leave them in the sleeves (as you had/have them), and put the new (2nd Edition) cards into the 1st Edition box.

At that point your 2nd edition would be perfect for you!

Then sell your 1st edition as a used copy to your game store.

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Bartenbach
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
Common Man Games wrote:
babyjimbrofski wrote:


I'll probably end up selling my 2nd edition to my local game store at a discount and then buy the copy they have in the store (which has a different logo in the lower right corner of the box) and see if that solves the problem.


I'm not sure that this would solve your concern. I would not do that if I were you. The one in the store (if it has a different logo) is an older version of the 2nd Edition. We improved the game with every print run that we thus far. The copy you have now is the newest and therefore the best version of Police Precinct in existence.

I have an idea Joel...

Take the cards that you like from the 1st Edition and leave them in the sleeves (as you had/have them), and put the new (2nd Edition) cards into the 1st Edition box.

At that point your 2nd edition would be perfect for you!

Then sell your 1st edition as a used copy to your game store.

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple


Thanks for the info, and I hope I didn't come off as a Debbie Downer, I really do like this game a lot. For future reference I would make sure the cards fit into the sleeves because that seems to be an industry standard size that is used for a lot games, including PP1E. I can live with the taller big cards but I think I'll take your advice and use the Police cards from 1E.

Thanks again!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
babyjimbrofski wrote:
I think I'll take your advice and use the Police cards from 1E.

Thanks again!


Sure!

Happy to help!!!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,just getting into this Police Precinct World. Can you tell me what the differences are from the multiple 2e releases are? Before I open mine I want to know if its worth exchanging. Specifically the one with your logo in right corner and the one with your name around an officer?
Common Man Games wrote:
babyjimbrofski wrote:


I'll probably end up selling my 2nd edition to my local game store at a discount and then buy the copy they have in the store (which has a different logo in the lower right corner of the box) and see if that solves the problem.


I'm not sure that this would solve your concern. I would not do that if I were you. The one in the store (if it has a different logo) is an older version of the 2nd Edition. We improved the game with every print run that we thus far. The copy you have now is the newest and therefore the best version of Police Precinct in existence.

I have an idea Joel...

Take the cards that you like from the 1st Edition and leave them in the sleeves (as you had/have them), and put the new (2nd Edition) cards into the 1st Edition box.

At that point your 2nd edition would be perfect for you!

Then sell your 1st edition as a used copy to your game store.

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
compujet1 wrote:

Before I open mine I want to know if its worth exchanging.


Hi Jonathan!

I would say that there is no substantial differences between the two 2nd Editions.

One was printed by one factory in China and the other by another.

The differences were basically very small graphic changes in the box and not much else.

I would not bother trying to get a different one (regardless of which one you have).



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for fast reply. Now I just need to decide on over paying for expansions and promo's or waiting for next Kickstarter or Sale.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
compujet1 wrote:
Thanks so much for fast reply. Now I just need to decide on over paying for expansions and promo's or waiting for next Kickstarter or Sale.


either way...

Thanks for the support!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.