Rommel Metrillo
msg tools
mbmbmb
This question focuses on Balazar (the summoner) but would be applicable to any character who is part of a main-set and a character deck and has a cohort.

Am I allowed to use the character card of Balazar from the Summoner Character Deck, but the Padrig cohort card is from Wrath of the Righteous (not sure if they are different though, as I don't have the Summoner character deck.)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delith Malistar
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I read, all the characters are interchangeable but duplicate characters have been tweaked to fit better with the campaign they came with. So while the character packs do have some of the same characters in them, the ones that came with the base games are better suited and tweaked for that particular campaign. This is one of the reasons I don't own any character packs.

How much they are tweaked and better suited though is left to interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Vic Wertz (technical director at Paizo) said if your character card names a cohort, you can use any (official) cohort with that name. (Work firewall prevents me accessing paizo.com to get the link at the moment.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rommel Metrillo
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey elcoderdude!

Thanks. I was supposed to post it in the Paizo forums, but it seems to be down or something (wasn't able to access it since yesterday).

Thanks for this information! I would prefer using the Character Deck version of Balazar compared to the Wrath version because of the stat and additional abilities, but I don't have the character deck so I may need to stick using the Padrig card of WotR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vic's comment was in regards to organized play. You can find it here. That being said, it seems to indicate you can do the same in your home game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.