Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rising Sun» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Seriously, a Box??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What would you pay for a box? $50? This is going to be the Rising Sun unicorn.

But convince me I'm wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Michael Bridge
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What would you pay for a box? $50? This is going to be the Rising Sun unicorn.

But convince me I'm wrong.


what are you talking about?
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mikebridge wrote:
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What would you pay for a box? $50? This is going to be the Rising Sun unicorn.

But convince me I'm wrong.


what are you talking about?


The quest for an exclusive box designed to hold all the KSE and core materials is picking up steam with Backers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hiltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding a box being a stretch goal:

Thiago Aranha wrote:
*Shakes Magic 8-Ball*
"Very doubtful"


It seems you can relax about how others would choose to spend their money
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Champions of Midgard expansions campaign that just ended included a "box for everything" as part of the main pledge, but the expansions will ship IN that box and you don't get any expansion boxes. When you get your reward, you'll dump your main game contents into it as well and voila, one box for everything.

So there is some precedent for something like this. I would find it annoying to own everything Rising Sun and not be able to keep it all together in one box. Annoying is worth some amount of $$ to me, but not very much.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We're not going to get it.

Probably some 3rd party insert somewhere end 2018.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
justinhiltz wrote:
Regarding a box being a stretch goal:

Thiago Aranha wrote:
*Shakes Magic 8-Ball*
"Very doubtful"


It seems you can relax about how others would choose to spend their money


Thanks for the input. You just got uninvited to my bar mitzvah. (btw I forgot to put the sarcasm font on all of this, the entire post except for what is written below this)

I think backers can sway some KS campaigns. We know 3(?) add-ons have been planned. I think we could influence 1 or 2 more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I think we could influence 1 or 2 more.

You have no influence at all on the add-ons. They have been planned ahead.
There might be a surprise-and-than-you-all Monster at the end, but that is as far as CMON goes with its Stretch Goals.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
mikebridge wrote:
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What would you pay for a box? $50? This is going to be the Rising Sun unicorn.

But convince me I'm wrong.


what are you talking about?


The quest for an exclusive box designed to hold all the KSE and core materials is picking up steam with Backers.

They had one in both Arcadia Quest Kickstarters and it didn't cost backers anything. They're pretty nice little extras, not sure what the issue is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you serious? No issue. Just being a geek. Surely I'm still allowed that?

I am excited for whatever they throw our way.

"Yes I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hiltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
justinhiltz wrote:
Regarding a box being a stretch goal:

Thiago Aranha wrote:
*Shakes Magic 8-Ball*
"Very doubtful"


It seems you can relax about how others would choose to spend their money


Thanks for the input. You just got uninvited to my bar mitzvah. (btw I forgot to put the sarcasm font on all of this, the entire post except for what is written below this)

I think backers can sway some KS campaigns. We know 3(?) add-ons have been planned. I think we could influence 1 or 2 more.


Mazel Tov!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Cherry
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I would happily pay $50 for a storage solution. I buy Broken Token products as is and storage economy and elegance is one of my highest priority concerns when buying games. I have lots of games and not that much space and I also enjoy not having to pull out 10 different boxes to play a game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik
Germany
Garching bei München
Bayern
flag msg tools
Teowulff wrote:
We're not going to get it.

Probably some 3rd party insert somewhere end 2018.

I agree that this will be solved by providers like BrokenToken or the German Feldherr foam inlays, however I presume that, given the game actually is delivered in April, they will be more rapid than end of 2018. My educated guess would be mid to late summer 2017.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I think we could influence 1 or 2 more.

You have no influence at all on the add-ons. They have been planned ahead.
There might be a surprise-and-than-you-all Monster at the end, but that is as far as CMON goes with its Stretch Goals.


This isn't necessarily true. CMON has added requested add ons before or other ridiculousness when they exceed funding goals. See Arcadia Quest Infero and Massive Darkness.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bean
msg tools
Eh, I wouldn’t pay for an extra box. Once I get my woodshop up in the new house I am just going to replace all my nice games with some custom wooden boxes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
XofMdS wrote:
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I think we could influence 1 or 2 more.

You have no influence at all on the add-ons. They have been planned ahead.
There might be a surprise-and-than-you-all Monster at the end, but that is as far as CMON goes with its Stretch Goals.


This isn't necessarily true. CMON has added requested add ons before or other ridiculousness when they exceed funding goals. See Arcadia Quest Infero and Massive Darkness.


I just ignored that one because he's french.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
XofMdS wrote:
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I think we could influence 1 or 2 more.

You have no influence at all on the add-ons. They have been planned ahead.
There might be a surprise-and-than-you-all Monster at the end, but that is as far as CMON goes with its Stretch Goals.


This isn't necessarily true. CMON has added requested add ons before or other ridiculousness when they exceed funding goals. See Arcadia Quest Infero and Massive Darkness.


Before the Massive Darkness kickstarter CMON said that they weren't going to add any unplanned items due to the delays they caused on previous kickstarters and that they were adding an extra 2 months to the delivery estimate that they didn't think they's need, but wanted to cover themselves just in case. They ended up giving in and adding 7 unplanned miniatures and a campaign system. If they hadn't added the extra months the delays would be flirting with half a year at this point. I don't know how much of the delay is from unplanned content, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a very large part of it. I'm hoping they finally learn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Arcadia Quest campaigns included a custom box for holding the KSE items.

Thus, a custom box is requested in the other campaigns as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
Ben Stealer of Bagge wrote:
I think we could influence 1 or 2 more.

You have no influence at all on the add-ons. They have been planned ahead.
There might be a surprise-and-than-you-all Monster at the end, but that is as far as CMON goes with its Stretch Goals.


I'm not sure I buy this. It seemed weird that one of the stretch goals was coins upgraded from cardboard to plastic, followed shortly by an add-on for metal coins. Unless that was poor planning on CMoN's part, it seems like they would have sold a lot more metal coins had they not already upgraded the coins in all core boxes. There were lots of people asking for metal coins in the comments, though...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ditch the insert, baggy everything

#imaeurogamer #amidoinitrite
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alesander Simancas
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bolm wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
We're not going to get it.

Probably some 3rd party insert somewhere end 2018.

I agree that this will be solved by providers like BrokenToken or the German Feldherr foam inlays, however I presume that, given the game actually is delivered in April, they will be more rapid than end of 2018. My educated guess would be mid to late summer 2017.


https://www.feldherr.net/feldherr-foam-kit-as-an-accessory-f...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamine Allen
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine all the stretch goals will already come in a box. Otherwise they could just throw the plastic figures in with the packing peanuts, and you can play a mini game before you get to the actual game of finding all the kickstarter figures. Maybe have a special gold figure in six boxes that give you a free tour of the CMON headquarters. Just don't touch anything you're not supposed to.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
Before the Massive Darkness kickstarter CMON said that they weren't going to add any unplanned items due to the delays they caused on previous kickstarters and that they were adding an extra 2 months to the delivery estimate that they didn't think they's need, but wanted to cover themselves just in case. They ended up giving in and adding 7 unplanned miniatures and a campaign system. If they hadn't added the extra months the delays would be flirting with half a year at this point. I don't know how much of the delay is from unplanned content, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a very large part of it. I'm hoping they finally learn.

I was going to post much the same thing. I don't think they will add anything to the campaign that isn't already planned.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
ditch the insert, baggy everything


*brandishes garlic and crucifix*
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivans Ivanovs
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Quote:
The quest for an exclusive box designed to hold all the KSE and core materials is picking up steam with Backers.


I'd rather they offered a KS exclusive bag. Plastic, canvas or cloth - all would do well. It would be easier to hold all the stuff in there and you could hang it somewhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.