Scott
msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't imagine yet how my party will deal with the hole left by her retirement. I was attached. Yes, there are new members to join but when you've watch a character grow into a swift lethal killing machine it's hard to part ways. In her final mission she showed me her coup de grĂ¢ce. See Cinder had a thing against Demons. She despised them. From day one she swore to find all different types and end them. It was fun watching her light up when entering a room full of them. Most of us hesitated, not her, though I guess knowing you can disappear makes things a bit less stressful.

And as swift and graceful as she had become in her killing of Demons we knew her time was limited. She had one final wish. To slay a final Earth Demon. For me, Dalinar the brute, I had a special place in her heart. I could see it. We worked well together. Almost too well. Then one day, on our way to help someone with something, we came across many of my people battered and broken running from their home. It was tough for me, when the Savvas spoke of the Demons that drove them out we knew we had to help. Cinder knew this was her calling.

I knew the moment we entered the mountain this was different. It was the first time I had seen Cinder make things personal. She wasn't just fighting for glory, or money, or even herself. She was fighting for me. These were the biggest, most powerful demons we had ever encountered. It didn't matter. She was like a knife cutting through butter. As we approached the final throne room and slayed a beastly figure a door sprung open. Standing in the shadow was a sight I will never forget. A giant Earth Demon waiting. You have to remember, I'm three times the size of cinder, yet she put her hand back looked at me she a sly smile and winked. This was it. This was her swan song. With a flash of brilliance she threw a chain around the giants neck and yanked. Dragging him through a trap the demon bellowed. Lying at her feet screaming she then pulled out some contraption and twisted it. The demon flew from in front to almost behind her in a split second against it's will into a second trap. Then with the blessing of the great oak shinning onto her blade she culled the weakened Demon. I hadn't even had time to raise my sword. It was graceful, it was quick. It was her final kill. In an instant.

She will always have a special place in our story. And I thank her for that.

- Dalinar the Brute

With her final kill my scoundrel used a great combo of cards, items and blessings to accomplish her life goal taking down a 25 health Elite Earth Demon in one turn by herself. In that she leveled up to level 9. And now her story ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
God, I love reading stories like these. This game is epic and creates awesome moments like this. I've had almost as much fun writing the session summaries on our blog as I have playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmb
aubaine wrote:
God, I love reading stories like these. This game is epic and creates awesome moments like this. I've had almost as much fun writing the session summaries on our blog as I have playing!

Thanks Jimmy! Love the blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.