alexander eliesen
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
I finished Pandemic Legacy Season one last night and was surprised that no one has made a survey for everyones results. So I made one:

Pandemic Legacy Season 1 End Result Survey

Any input on english spelling is greatly appreciated (I´m norwegian). Questions/discussions about survey design can be done in this thread. For reminiscing about your campaign I recommend this fabulous thread instead: For those who have finished.

Once I have some responses, I´ll take a look at the data and provide some sexy graphs/insights. You should also be able to see some results immediately once you complete the survey.

EDIT: I made a page with the results! Take a look!
Pandemc Legacy Season 1 Results
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug S.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added my response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander eliesen
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
That´s great!

I really hope it gets a lot of responses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierfilippo Dionisio
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander eliesen
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
Perfect! thumbsup

We are up to 24 respondents so far! 26 if you count the two people answering no to having played it

I am working on a way to present the data but want to see if we can get more responses before going public. At this point it´s still changing to much with each response. Still nice to see, though!

I´ve posted it on Shut up & sit downs forum as well for more traction. Any other ideas to where I can share it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. We actually just finished our final game tonight so I'm really curious what the average score is for this game. It will also be neat to compare character results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander eliesen
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
It has 34 respondents already

I´ve found a way to display the results and plan to do so very soon

I´m hoping for even more results before we start number crunching. I hope i´m able to find correlation between, say, characters used and score, but unsure if I have the statistical skills for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander eliesen
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
Tada! Sorry this took so long, life got in the way.

I´ve added a link to a page displaying live results of the survey in my OP. Once the results seems to stabilise I´ll start making some conclusions

I love the support this is getting! 44 people have completed the survey already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that less than half of people who responded didn't actually destroy the components.

Also, it's good to know that we weren't the only ones in the world to get a horrible score I think our score was like 270. Horrible snowball effect and lots of bad luck in the last few games meant that we lost the last 4-5 games in a row. That meant that technically we opened Box 8 (was that the one with Delta Force) after our last game, and lost 100 points or something like that. It all went horribly wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I also find that (the non-destruction of components) the most interesting response, and wonder the why of it.

I'm one of the respondents that didn't destroy components, because I intended to play the campaign multiple times. (working through the second play-through now). This means I didn't destroy any components at all. I'm curious what reasons were motivating the other ~20 people that haven't destroyed components at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Boardman
msg tools
Just found this (via SU&SD) and added my results. Very interesting!

I'd love to see more data on the scores broken down by player number (e.g. median or standard deviation). Currently the average score is highest for four players and lowest for two, whereas I imagined when I was playing that the difficulty would increase with more players (I played with two).

I also expected that blue would be much less likely than the other colours for C0dA because the players start in Atlanta. Having C0dA as blue must really suck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. G.
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am wondering too that the more the player count the higher the score is. We played the game with 4 ended up at 660 and found it sometimes really difficult to cure the diseases due to hard card exchange (frankly we did not use up the character ability the most efficient way [with the researcher probably] that allow you to give over any cards anywhere), and we might have focused more on having positive mutations (we only did it fully for one of the viruses, and one mutation to another).

We play the base game mostly with 2 and is much easier to win than with 4 player. I expect the same with legacy.

And actually one more thing would be interesting: How the scores look in function of CODa's color. We had CODa in blue and lost Atlanta very early, used many roadblocks, etc... It made it harder for us in December to search. It is only one month where the moving was harder, but there might be other aspects that makes one color harder ?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Meyer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that it is too late to add questions, but there are a few more that might be interesting:
1) Did you use the nuclear option?
2) How many cities (or how many non-coda-color cities) were faded.
3) Number of Fallen/collapsing/rioting/unstable cities.
4) Number of remaining military bases. Number of destroyed military bases.

For the record, we did not use the nuclear option, we had 6 non-coda-color cities faded for a total of 18, 6 rioting and 14 unstable cities, and 5 destroyed military bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.