Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some of us are not only craving for a decent expansion but also a bit worried.

For this being a FFG published game, there sure is a lack of expansions happening as of late.

I recommend we show our support and our concern for Runebound 3rd Ed by posting in FFG official forums.

That is bound to get more attention than to keep posting in the BGG forums, as most likely FFG notices the amount of traffic and posts of each game's forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG couldn't care less about forums. I seriously doubt they ever read them, even their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
FFG couldn't care less about forums. I seriously doubt they ever read them, even their own.

Nah, we now that they read the forums for certain. They simply don't post, which is something I can understand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
They read forums, but they always seem to have their own data coming from "their own sources" that always overrides what we write on forums. So yeah, I can understand why there's frustration going on about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We should all buy extra copies of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jux_ wrote:

I've thought about that just to get more of the terrain dice. Passing them around a 4-player table is a bit inconvenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plaid_Dragon wrote:
Jux_ wrote:

I've thought about that just to get more of the terrain dice. Passing them around a 4-player table is a bit inconvenient.

I wish they would just sell the stickers. You can buy blank dice on the internet. It would probably be cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
They read forums, but they always seem to have their own data coming from "their own sources" that always overrides what we write on forums. So yeah, I can understand why there's frustration going on about it.

Forums data - people who have purchased the items and feel strongly enough to go online and post.

Sales data - those people, plus the vast majority who don't do those things.

The data they'd get from the forums, as far as desire to purchase more, is redundant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
That's why there's no point in writing anything. What they know they already know. Writing isn't going to change one bit. As always, vote with wallet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
rattkin wrote:
As always, vote with wallet.
How?

Wait until there are X number of expansions before buying into the base game? If everybody does that FFG will be unlikely to make expansions.

Buy multiple copies of the base game to encourage FFG to make expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wait for this to be replaced by the star wars equivalent?

StarBound!

Isn't this FFG's new MO? It's selling okay but we are sure it will be 10x the hit if we release in the star wars universe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
That's why there's no point in writing anything. What they know they already know. Writing isn't going to change one bit. As always, vote with wallet.

Traffic data is always taken into account. Imagine having a game where there are 25% more positive posts than your most popular titles. " Hmmmm maybe that game has a bigger impact on the board gaming community than our sales numbers projected and people actually like it. We should continue building on this title"

You think they are going to make a sequel to No Mans Sky based on their high sales number? F no. The community spoke out, and now it's labeled as one of the biggest failures in video game history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
rattkin wrote:
As always, vote with wallet.
How?

Wait until there are X number of expansions before buying into the base game? If everybody does that FFG will be unlikely to make expansions.

Buy multiple copies of the base game to encourage FFG to make expansions?

No, but we can make sure we're all buying the other content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:
rattkin wrote:

Traffic data is always taken into account. Imagine having a game where there are 25% more positive posts than your most popular titles. " Hmmmm maybe that game has a bigger impact on the board gaming community than our sales numbers projected and people actually like it. We should continue building on this title"

You think they are going to make a sequel to No Mans Sky based on their high sales number? F no. The community spoke out, and now it's labeled as one of the biggest failures in video game history.

And yet, they keep letting Snyder make movies in the DC universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After my first game, I imagine it is not so easy to make new scenarios for this game. There is quite a lot of things that must stay balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Grove123 wrote:

The so-called "board game community" is just a percentage of their sales.

Quote:

If it sold well, then I'm 100% certain there will be a new one. It's only logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.