Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my reading of the rules, the Axis can prevent the U.S. from ever becoming belligerent by not attacking multiple times in China and never declaring war against the U.S. There doesn't seem to be any obvious reason to ever do this.

Meanwhile, to win the game, the Allies must force all 3 Axis powers to surrender. So the Commonwealth must single-handledly declare war on and defeat Japan (since Russia can't declare war until 1945) while also helping Russia defeat Germany and Italy. This seems unlikely.

Am I missing an important rule that would force the Axis hand somehow and bring the U.S. into the war?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
US Declarations of War
The US may only declare war in the following cases:
• Any major power declares war on the US.
• Japan declares war on any non-Vichy French country.
• If Japan makes more than one attack in China per season,
the US may declare war on Japan. Place the “Japan China
Attack” marker in the Season space of the TD as a reminder
that Japan has attacked China that turn.
• In Winter 1943 or later, the US may declare war on Germany.

There's a few more, but the designer seems to subscribe to the "we wouldn't have gone to war with Germany if they weren't stupid and DoW the US first" school of thought. The two ones you ignore seem to be the most likely: Japan declaring war on any non-Vichy country and Winter 1943 or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, missed the Winter 1943 or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.