7 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Living bones, multiple attacks and dead target rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Detective Conan
msg tools
Hi

A living bones plays the action card stating "target one enrmy with all attaks". He has 3 attaks. He is focusing a summon decoy. The 1st attack destroy the decoy. Will the living bones focus on another valid target for his next attacks or will those attacks be lost on a vanished decoy (the living bones archer shoots so fast on the target that it did not have time to see the decoy disappear and choose a new target)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.
I'd play that he cannot switch to another target, because that would go against the "Target one enemy with all attacks" clause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lassberg
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
Good question.
I'd play that he cannot switch to another target, because that would go against the "Target one enemy with all attacks" clause.

Yeah, this is the direction I would lean towards as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also concur. There is no concession in the rules for changing focus once it is acquired.

They're all sperate attacks within an attack action. So focus is determined for the entire action and can't change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
All his attacks target a single enemy. The end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Detective Conan
msg tools
Thank you everybody.
Then, sending this decoy in this room (scenario 1) was a very good idea indeed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vriezen
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you're aware ("sending the decoy" kinda reads that you might not be), but summons move and attack in the same way as monsters, i.e. by focusing on the nearest enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.