8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cover Up and Hospital Debts in standalone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fm4d fm4d
msg tools
Hello,

since Cover Up and Hospital Debts dont do anything in standalone mode is there some FAQ or official statement about them? I found nothing like that. Should I just consider them 'blank draw'?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure there's nothing official. You are supposed to play them even if you then ignore them, and you may choose to use the trauma at the end of the game as part of your personal score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cover Up still functions in standalone. It prevents you from discovering clues at your location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wallace-Moyer
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yogibbear wrote:
Cover Up still functions in standalone. It prevents you from discovering clues at your location.

Nope. Cover up has a reaction (spinning arrow) trigger which means it's optional. You can continue to discover clues without taking them off cover up. In campaign mode it would just mean you risk taking the trauma at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fm4d wrote:
Hello,

since Cover Up and Hospital Debts dont do anything in standalone mode is there some FAQ or official statement about them? I found nothing like that. Should I just consider them 'blank draw'?

In Standalone, Cover Up and Hospital Debts don't do anything but waste your draw, as you won't suffer trauma or gain XP as you won't be playing this investigator again. Same thing for Smite the Wicked or any other signature weakness that causes trauma or other after-game effects.

You can still try to solve them if you want, but that's up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fm4d fm4d
msg tools
Well, I am aware of that but it somehow does not feel right. I was thinking about replacing them with another random basic weakness or something like that. But on the other side I could put some roleplaying in and try to solve them even in standolone to achieve 'full win' without a bitter aftertaste of fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iwallace wrote:
yogibbear wrote:

Nope. Cover up has a reaction (spinning arrow) trigger which means it's optional. You can continue to discover clues without taking them off cover up. In campaign mode it would just mean you risk taking the trauma at the end.

Oh man......... blush my bad. The more you know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fm4d wrote:
Well, I am aware of that but it somehow does not feel right. I was thinking about replacing them with another random basic weakness or something like that. But on the other side I could put some roleplaying in and try to solve them even in standolone to achieve 'full win' without a bitter aftertaste of fail.

What you could do is:

Limit yourself to gaining any clues until you have repaid one (or more) clue to discard the weakness card. So it kind of becomes a staller to your progress. I think you would have enough clues available to do this from the locations, but if not, you could simply draw them from the pool when you investigate. I think it's well within the spirit of the game to give yourself some sort of setback/challenge to face in drawing your weakness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.