Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: No Hope for Mice and Mystic's this year rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey y'all!

I know we've been dying for some M&M news. The last bit of news we had (besides the free DLC stories, because that doesn't really count) was based on Tail Feathers, and that was over a year ago!

Unfortunately, I don't think it is looking too bright for any M&M news this year regarding an expansion or any new content. And here's why. The GAMA trade show is going on which is an industry trade show that companies get to reveal their plans and products for the new year. It's a way for developers and publishers to make announcements, push new content, and drum up hype for their brands.

PlaidHat game's demonstration has already concluded and they had 0 mention of any Mice and Mystics related content. There was a lot of Ashes, and Dead of Winter announcements, and a new game, however Mice and Mystics was not mentioned. Since the GAMA trade show is a good projection for a publisher to announce content that is releasing this year, I don't think we can hope for a M&M release soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is always GENCON in August. That is also a big event where publishers reveal new games/expansions.

It clearly is not down to the M&M community, to work on expansion using the diverse components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
throwing8smokes wrote:
was based on Tail Feathers, and that was over a year ago!

i guess i missed this news. what was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand it is better to have no new game than a bad game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
throwing8smokes wrote:
was based on Tail Feathers, and that was over a year ago!

i guess i missed this news. what was it?

I just meant the fact that the Potents of Importance DLC chapter was released alongside Tail Feathers and that Tail Feathers was based in the M&M world. Since Tail Feathers which was released in 2015, we haven't had any news on M&M, and that was barely anything. Even beforehand Downwood Tales came out in 2014!

mrakomor wrote:
On the other hand it is better to have no new game than a bad game.

I guess, but I'm still sad for the lack of M&M support Especially since Plaid Hat announced a new IP, and their other games are getting a lot of buzz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donatien Lacroix
msg tools
I am thinking that M&M is a dead license!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Just currently on hold and apparently in news blackout.

Its effectively not anything at the moment.

But as noted before. If the blackout persists then its likely Asmodee axed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.