Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before starting an online game, you have to choose a region -- Europe, USA, etc. Does it really matter? I play in California, but I often go to the Europe board because it seems more active at the times that I'm playing. The games seem to move fast enough for me, but am I slowing other players down by doing that? Should I stick to the USA games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
...but am I slowing other players down by doing that?

You are not playing a FPS, so I would doubt it. Well, what have you seen in your games so far? Have you noticed lag or delay? If not, I would say not to worry about it.

The best thing you can do to speed up online games time is to be quick and decisive with you moves and turns because that's where the seconds really add up. On two separate occasions I have played a round with a VGGer from Belgium where it was just us plus one AI and we got done both games in just 35 minutes each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the server thing is mainly to do with 'who's awake at this time?' rather than lag etc these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
Game On!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jon. I've played a lot of online browser based games over the years, and since I'm a night owl, I play on UK servers a lot because my hours often work better with Europe. I'm on the East Cost USA. LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But how is that better than just having one list of everyone that's online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.