Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When something forces a crew activation does that activation include a move?

So when a tide or hero ability says to activate the crew in a zone. Does it mean that crew can move and then attack? Or is it supposed to just be an attack?

For example:
"Pick up the Slack!" - Target 1 Zone. All friendly Crew in that zone immediately activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Brind
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it will be with movement. Otherwise it would Tell you attack. But i am just guessing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it includes a move. So they would either attack an adjacent zone immediately and not move, or move and then attack - just like their "AI" script indicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok cool thanks. We did play it correct ta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this does make it perfectly valid to activate a zone with 3 crew, moving them into a zone with say 5 more crew, then attack with all 8?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I don't think so - since those 5 were not activated, so the three would move and attack, but the other 5 would not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Brind
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just 3 attack because you activated this Zone. If they move into a zone with bosuns they Hit in a 3. bosuns don't Need to Be activated to give there Bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Pacheco
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Good question! I think it would actually. As far as I can tell the game doesnt really have a "memory" for what crew are in what zone does it? So if you activate a crew in a zone you do two steps - move, then attack. So when you move them to a spot with more crew, by the time you are in the attack stage of the activation, you are attacking with all crew in that zone I would assume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im pretty sure its only the 3. When you play the card you activate a zone (in this case with 3 people). Those three guys "move and attack" as an activation. Its not separate "pick a zone, move your guys. Now the new zone attacks", its just that one zone you target at the beginning.

Also to answer the original question, an activation is a "move and attack". There are other effects (Like Belle's Lv2 "To Me Men") that specifically say "choose crew, they attack" vs "they activate".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Pacheco
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
You're probably right. Would be nice to have confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules seem pretty clear - I think the confusion is that practically when playing the game it doesn't usually matter, so you just roll all the attacks at once. However, in this case, the rules-as-written would indicate those three crew members activate and attack, there's no indication in the rules for them to somehow incite an additional attack from non-active crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again all. This is something we did do wrong then. Defo helped me lose hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.