Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding monster movement in large rooms (spoiler Re: scenario 71) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
justin lenaghan
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused as to when monsters start taking their actions. In scenario 71 you are in a hallway that rounds the corner into a massive room, 3 large map tiles big! Do the enemies all the way at the north end of the map start moving the second the scenario starts as there is no doors separating the start location from the north end of the map?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Warner
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. If corridors are used to join two tiles, then they are considered one room, and monsters on either tile will all be placed at the same time and be active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin lenaghan
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess what I'm asking is if the party starts and the map is all just one big room, but there are monsters around four corners, 30 odd hexes away and clearly out of line of sight (but again no doors separating them from the party location) do they start moving towards the party on round 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Hsu
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they will move on first round. Line of sight is not required for monster to obtain a focus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin lenaghan
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks. In scenario 71 some of the monsters are actually ~30 hexes away upon scenario start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.