Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counting different types of monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tobyr21 Pseudonym
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Just making sure: there is a personal goal that requires counting different kinds of monsters. I believe that in this context, "monster" refers to any enemy, that is, anything (other than an obstacle) that my characters can attack. I'm worried that in this personal goal, "monster" might have a more restricted meaning, for example: a bandit guard is a human, not a monster.

Also, I'm worried about another kind of restriction: The Bandit Commander is its own kind of monster, right? It is not, for example, the same kind of monster as a bandit guard. More generally, every boss is a unique kind of monster, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anything you kill with a stat sheet is considered a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it as anything with a different standee was a different "monster" for the purposes of the quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess if the bandit guards weren't monsters then they would never move? They certainly couldn't move on the monster turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I guess if the bandit guards weren't monsters then they would never move? They certainly couldn't move on the monster turn.

They only move on the "Bandit Guard turn", which is a hidden phase of the game, unlocked with a special sticker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harding
United States
Mount Pleasant
South Carolina
flag msg tools
merely a dingbat pushing little wooden bits around a game board
mbmbmbmbmb
Dynalange129 wrote:
Anything you kill with a stat sheet is considered a monster.

This is the answer Isaac gave to my same question in the big FAQ thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolffrostbrew wrote:
We played it as anything with a different standee was a different "monster" for the purposes of the quest.

And this is also correct, because each stat sheet has its own standee laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.